Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
241 - 260 of 482 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thought it may be useful to share

I could manage to cancel axial play but the radial direction play is still there, small one but still there. To cancel it I have to tighten the adjusting ring till the crank is hardly moving.Can I run the crank with this small play
Spoke to Tim @ Lightning, hope he doesn't mind posting his words here...

''You can run the crank this way, but there is also a way to fix it. You spray some good quality paint onto the spindle bearings races and let it dry good, this will take up the small gap between the spindle and bearing. We use clear paint, just be sure to clean the races good with very light sandpaper and acetone first so that the paint will stick.''

·
Registered
219 Posts
1415chris said:
Thought it may be useful to share

Spoke to Tim @ Lightning, hope he doesn't mind posting his words here...

''You can run the crank this way, but there is also a way to fix it. You spray some good quality paint onto the spindle bearings races and let it dry good, this will take up the small gap between the spindle and bearing. We use clear paint, just be sure to clean the races good with very light sandpaper and acetone first so that the paint will stick.''
Are you are racerick the only ones with this problem so far? These are a pretty expensive crank - I don't think I would stand for what seems to be a product that is not quite manufactured to spec that needs to be remedied in such a fashion.

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
KenDobson said:
Nino, can you get these cranks with a 110/74 spider for a 2x9 mtn?

Thanks
Not yet.Lightning said they might offer this spider but so far that's not the case.
For 2x9 the 64/104 has shown to be the most versatile allowing all kinds of different chainring sizes.

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
xcatax said:
its supossed to be 15days total :madman: .
I never said 15 days total!
Usually it takes around 2-3 weeks to get them+ shipping...so it's more like 3-4 weeks if all is normal.

This time however there's some delay on Lightnings part.

·
Registered
230 Posts
nino said:
I never said 15 days total!
Usually it takes around 2-3 weeks to get them+ shipping...so it's more like 3-4 weeks if all is normal.

This time however there's some delay on Lightnings part.
I have got the emails
January 02
------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
At the moment i don't have any 26t superlight ring in stock. It would take ca. 2 weeks to get it.

Bye
nino
You had the crankset but not the rings ready to send me january 02 , after 33days today you have nothing ? :nono:

·
Registered
230 Posts
1415chris said:
Why not to order directly from Lightning?

Good communications, Tim responds promptly, when ordering the crank was out of stock, week later got email 'crank ready to be sent' and after another week it was in my hands.
Yeah communications are good but i have got nothing in my hands after 33 days waiting and its not expected to solve it soon .

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #258 ·
xcatax said:
I have got the emails
January 02
Hi,
At the moment i don't have any 26t superlight ring in stock. It would take ca. 2 weeks to get it.

Bye
nino
You had the crankset but not the rings ready to send me january 02 , after 33days today you have nothing ? :nono:
that's the rings-not the cranks!
Don't blame me when manufacturers have delay in production. I communicated and apologized as well.There's nothing i can do about it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
nino said:
that's the rings-not the cranks!
Don't blame me when manufacturers have delay in production. I communicated and apologized as well.There's nothing i can do about it.
You had the crankset but not the rings
My email asking you january 23
-----------------------------------------
Hi nino , is there any problem with the rings ? 21 days and no news .....
You can send me all but the rings , its better for me than wait no ending .
----------------------------------------
You only had problems with the rings not the crankset And your rply was january 25
Hello,
I will get the rings beginning of february. It will only add shipping cost if i make 2 individual shippings.

Your choice

Bye
nino
------------------------------------------
That let it clear that you could send me the crankset at january 25 but i choose wait for begining february . Now you send me this new email
-----------------------------------------
Hello,
Just a short notice to all my customers that ordered Lightning cranks:
Lightning just informed me that they have about 2 weeks delay in production. I should have gotten my order this week already. Now they said it will take another 2 weeks....I'm terribly sorry for the delay.

Bye
nino
Sorry but wtf ...sorry i only had to wait for the rings :madmax:

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 ·
xcatax said:
You had the crankset but not the rings

Sorry but wtf ...sorry i only had to wait for the rings :madmax:
Oh man-i sent a e-mail to ALL my customers waiting for cranks. Sorry for informing you as well when your cranks were already ready....But what is your problem really? Why complain in here? Your cranks are ready and rings could be in maybe already tomorrow.I ordered immediately and parts have delay...that's it.

241 - 260 of 482 Posts