Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
monster member
1,083 Posts
I got those Dimensions that I saw for $37.00 at Universal Cycles.

I figured I'd update this thread that if you're like 220# doing xc, or skinnier but doing All-Mtn riding, I think I'd stay away from them. They were 256g/pair on my scale, which is great for the price, but they don't look too strong. Great for the g/f though or strictly xc riding. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
934 Posts
This is a pretty common question. I'm seeing a lot of caged pedals which to some of us are different than platform pedals. However I think I may check out the Dimension pedals for a bike I'm building.

For platform pedals you can get DMR V12's with after market ti axles. I think this will make them around 460grams for a true platform pedal.

·
7MGTE
1,708 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
What are your intentions for the peddles...? Fr, Dh, Am, Xc...Dj...?

karlmalone1 said:
I'm looking for the lightest flat pedal out there, hopefully 400 g or less. I've been searching around and the best i can find is 450 g or so, which is too heavy for my application. Price isn't an issue. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
91 Posts
My MG-1's with ti spindles have held up just fine over the past year of riding. I weigh in at about 165lbs. The pedals weigh in at 312 g. I wouldn't hesitate to use them for downhill.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Oh...there are 2 pages, erm...!

I like the Syncros Mental pedals best for Trick, Dj, Dh and Fr...although I do not have tree trunk legs so I mainly use clipless peddels for everything other than Trick and Dj.

Xpedo MX-12 Curve Hurtle Alum Pedals are also pretty good and look amazing.

Xpedo Link

Green, Pink, red, black and white I think. The weight is about 380-90 there abouts, making it one of their lightest pedals, perhaps of course not THE lightest. There is another set that I firmly like very much but they are stupid expensive and really not worth the limited weight save.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
genrec said:
Any updates..who is running the Ti spindle MG-1's..how are they holding up???

After about a year they're fine. One hard smash on a concrete ramp...ok Jumping up and down stuff round town...holding up... they're on a Yeti 575 ridden many street.. I weigh bout 160 w/ gear..

21 - 40 of 105 Posts