Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Damn that's reallllyyy great!! They're tubular isn't it? Looks great, I hope they are ready for sell very soon!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Well, it's pretty much the only superlight option you have... :D:D

·
JustRide44
133 Posts
You're right on the 100g- I was getting mixed up... How light do you really feel safe with though on 29 inches? I have no idea how much those EDGE rims cost new, but I can tell you how much they will be worth on the first ride when you TACO them! ;)

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
$800-ish/rim for the Edge 29" rim but taco proof, you might manage to break a rim doing something crazy, but they're tougher than aluminium rims, and inherently round and true, which most alloy rims aren't.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The sticker says MOUNTAIN...

I know that Jonathan Page was riding a 260gr Cross version of the Edge 1.25 rim during US Nationals but this rim seems a deeper section one...

·
Registered
385 Posts
I need a little foreplay before I slap down $1700 for rims...so just for fun...lets build a virtual wheel here: what Hubs, spokes, nipples..etc... and what is the wheel weight?

....lets try and keep is somewhat ridable...like perhaps lets skip the Tune stuff..no?

·
Single Speed Junkie
3,116 Posts
metelhead said:
I need a little foreplay before I slap down $1700 for rims...so just for fun...lets build a virtual wheel here: what Hubs, spokes, nipples..etc... and what is the wheel weight?

....lets try and keep is somewhat ridable...like perhaps lets skip the Tune stuff..no?
Little foreplay??? I'd need to have a few explicit rides on the wheels before making the commitment.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
An acquaintance loves his Edge rims which retail for about $800. The front wheel weighed about 600 grams. The rear was more "normal" since he built it up with a 240 hub. He rides several times a week, and the rims look like new after a couple of months (as they should).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts