Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock DT 142x12 rear axle on my Pivot is 64 grams. The Syntace model looks cool but does not work on the DT style due to the conical interface. So Machined up a prototype that weighs in a 39 grams.
Might be able to get it down to 35 grams for xc use only. Time to try it out. Technology Grey Space Electronics Metal

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
6061t6 material, same thru hole diameter as the DT axle and shaved middle part off
like the Tune product. Since the stock DT has not weight limitation, at 150 pounds and 50 plus rider the stock is over built for me.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Stock is 64 or 164 grams? A 25 gram saving; how's it working out during the trial run?

The stock DT 142x12 rear axle on my Pivot is 64 grams. The Syntace model looks cool but does not work on the DT style due to the conical interface. So Machined up a prototype that weighs in a 39 grams.
Might be able to get it down to 35 grams for xc use only. Time to try it out. View attachment 882332

·
Registered
784 Posts
There're 4 different "standards":

Shimano: Axle length from the base of the head: 169.5 mm (minus 1.5 mm of flat washer). Thread pitch: 1.5 mm. Compatible with the following frames with 12 mm rear axle: BMC, GT, Giant, Titici, Lapierre, Rocky Mountain, Axevo, Sarto, etc.
Roch Shox: Axle length from the base of the head: 178 mm (minus 1.5 mm of flat washer). Thread pitch: 1.75 mm. Compatible with the following frames with 12 mm rear axle: Trek, Ibis, Niner, etc.
Scott: Axle length from the base of the head: 169,5 mm (minus 1.5 mm of flat washer). Thread pitch: 1.0 mm. Compatible with the following frames with 12 mm rear axle: Scott, Santa Cruz, etc.
Syntace: Axle length from the base of the head: 164 mm (minus 4 mm of conical washer). Thread pitch: 1.0 mm. Compatible with the following frames with 12 mm rear axle: Specialized, Cannondale, Bianchi, Canyon, etc.

·
Unpredictable
2,213 Posts
Don't miss the point. He made an alternative that is not available. That is really cool.

OP, also don't miss the point. There's no point asking people who have no idea about your product about how good it is.

It's really cool you made this. Hope it doesn't fail. Weight is so important to some people. Being honest, not me. I pee 10x that amount every slash on a poor prostate day!

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Don't miss the point. He made an alternative that is not available. That is really cool.

OP, also don't miss the point. There's no point asking people who have no idea about your product about how good it is.

It's really cool you made this. Hope it doesn't fail. Weight is so important to some people. Being honest, not me. I pee 10x that amount every slash on a poor prostate day!
Well said! Love people who experiment and innovate instead of paying hard earned cash. Sometimes it costs more in the end but at least you can say you did it yourself with sweat-equity. Ridn....Keep on peein'

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.