Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Light up another, dude.

Get this one. We decided to ride today and we were in the last section when we came across a fairly big guy coughing and hacking. We stopped to see if he was okay, said he was alittle winded. We all had just climbed a hill. But just as we are leaving he lights up a smoke. I guess that's a good way to give up smoking and I admire the guy for trying. We hope he made it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,787 Posts
One morning while commuting to work last summer I caught up to a guy on the bike trail who was riding with a cigarette in his mouth. I don't get why they do that..addicted I guess ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Any vice that has people out in the freezing cold or extreme heat (work smoking area's) isnt worth having.
I tried it once and my head was spinning so fast I threw up and said never again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
552 Posts
sonicsuby said:
I caught up to a guy on the bike trail who was riding with a cigarette in his mouth.
OMFG,:eek:ut: hahahahahaha

actually, iI shouldn't bag because I was a smoker and I struggled for years to finally quit. And I did quit, but I don't think I ever brought a pack of smokes with me to a ride. hahahahahaha
 

·
i love lamp
Joined
·
31 Posts
j944 said:
Any vice that has people out in the freezing cold or extreme heat (work smoking area's) isnt worth having.
I tried it once and my head was spinning so fast I threw up and said never again!
like mtbing?! :) funny, i'm sure the average lazy smoker thinks the exact same thing about us riding our bike.
 

·
DeForest Stump
Joined
·
972 Posts
I used to play in a recreational hockey league, and there was a guy on our team who carried a pack of smokes with him on the ice, tucked inside his pants. What a moron.
 

·
Rolling
Joined
·
11,120 Posts
Cobretti said:
I used to play in a recreational hockey league, and there was a guy on our team who carried a pack of smokes with him on the ice, tucked inside his pants. What a moron.
No kidding. It's so moronic to put them there! Amazing... if the puck hit them, there would be tobacco all over the ice.
 

·
.........................
Joined
·
2,093 Posts
woah ho1

lidarman said:
Does it really matter?

It's some old tour de france photo...very famous actually. They thought smoking helped open up the lungs.

Now, much better high tech drugs are used instead of niocotine.
Check it out. Fat tires, no helmets, and the front mount water bottles. Cigarettes just to top it off. I wonder why they are holding and lighting the cigarette for him?
cool pic though!
 

·
Fireball in the Night
Joined
·
1,624 Posts
What a difference a comma makes

I'm not the Punctuation Police.

Before I clicked on this thread I had other ideas of what the subject matter might be.
Light up another dude : Night riding. Two cyclists, one light.
Light up another, dude : A cigarette tale.

Smoking cigarettes voluntarily is lame. Being addicted is an illness.
 

·
i drink shower water
Joined
·
1,189 Posts
I use to smoke but i quit awhile ago. the main reason was because i was tired of being winded whenever i rode. Its a nasty habit but you should not come down on people that smoke too hard. after all im sure there is somthing we all do that others might find "fukking lame".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Biking was the only way I was able to kick my 12 year habit. I was so tired of my lungs being the weak link in my body, keeping me from having fun. It's amazing what a smoker will do to have a cigarette. On hikes with my family, I used to run up the trail really fast and have a smoke before my parents caught up with me. High altitude smoking is pretty crazy, too. Whoa, talk about dizzy!
 

·
Hairy man
Joined
·
4,923 Posts
sonicsuby said:
One morning while commuting to work last summer I caught up to a guy on the bike trail who was riding with a cigarette in his mouth. I don't get why they do that..addicted I guess ;)
I tried that back when I was a smoker and I kept getting smoke and ash in my eye. I'm amazed by the skill involved in smoking and riding.
 

·
Nothing here
Joined
·
757 Posts
Rex_Skidmore said:
I'm not the Punctuation Police.

Before I clicked on this thread I had other ideas of what the subject matter might be.
Light up another dude : Night riding. Two cyclists, one light.
Light up another, dude : A cigarette tale.

Smoking cigarettes voluntarily is lame. Being addicted is an illness.
Dude, I thought it was about smokin the ganga, doobies, mary janes, weed, you know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
A few weeks ago I rode up on a couple of guys who had stopped in the middle of the trail for a different kind of smoke. Enjoying nature, I guess... maybe it's easier to see the trails with bloodshot eyes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,787 Posts
Dwight Moody said:
I tried that back when I was a smoker and I kept getting smoke and ash in my eye. I'm amazed by the skill involved in smoking and riding.
The worst part was that as I was catching him, and this was during my morning commute in to work, I got to suck in second hand smoke until I passed him. that sucked.
 

·
Hairy man
Joined
·
4,923 Posts
sonicsuby said:
The worst part was that as I was catching him, and this was during my morning commute in to work, I got to suck in second hand smoke until I passed him. that sucked.
Now that I'm a non-smoker I really hate riding by smokers. You can end up with a lungful that's just as bad as being behind a bus.

Heck, commuting in Boston winters I used to ride behind busses to feel the nice warm exhaust on my face. But that's when I was smoking so my lungs were used to being full of crap. that didn't belong.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top