Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at performance the Forte Pro SL seat is on sale for 35 bucks. not bad for a 210 gram saddle. i saved 180 grams over my old POS. not too bad in the comfort department, either.

·
Registered
571 Posts
jonwebah said:
at performance the Forte Pro SL seat is on sale for 35 bucks. not bad for a 210 gram saddle. i saved 180 grams over my old POS. not too bad in the comfort department, either.
210 claimed or actual??? Still not quite as good as the Supergo Aerion saddles. At 193 actual and $29 - the Prolite still seems like the best buy out there.

Me? I'm saving up for the 44g Tune saddle from Nino :rolleyes:

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
hey - that's only 39g!

only 39g...but actually : IT FAILED!
just this week i discovered a slight crack in the shell and sent it back.no problem though. my pants suddenly got caught on the saddle and when i inspected the shell i discovered a 2mm crack.i guess it was from the constant flex of that ultrathin shell. i already got a warranty replacement which weighs a hefty 45g :( that's the final weight of the new Tune saddle.mine was a pre-pro.
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=29346&highlight=39g+saddle

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was going to buy the aireon prolite, but yes, it was discontinued. oh well. prolite plus shipping equals what i got the forte for.

·
Registered
202 Posts
SLR saddles are good buys on Ebay...

I just bought one on Ebay slightly use ...looks like new for $55. I soon after saw one go for $47, black and new, but I didn't feel bad because the one I got was a pretty rare dark blue. I'd like to add that the SLR is very comfortable, much more comfortable than I had thought. My previous saddle was a Flite TT and compared to the saddle the SLR is just as comfortable, but the TT felt a bit more supportive on the sides of the saddle.

Anyway, if you are the Ebay type there are deals there for the taking that could be just a few more dollars than the Supergo or Performance cheapies.

·
Just passing through....
1,331 Posts
jonwebah said:
i was going to buy the aireon prolite, but yes, it was discontinued. oh well. prolite plus shipping equals what i got the forte for.
WHAT!!!..... thats awful (that they discontinued it). I just bought an Aireon Prolite a few weeks ago. You're right though, they no longer show on the Supergo website. There goes my source of cheap, fairly light seats. Bummer.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Mtbric said:
I just bought one on Ebay slightly use ...looks like new for $55. I soon after saw one go for $47, black and new, but I didn't feel bad because the one I got was a pretty rare dark blue. I'd like to add that the SLR is very comfortable, much more comfortable than I had thought. My previous saddle was a Flite TT and compared to the saddle the SLR is just as comfortable, but the TT felt a bit more supportive on the sides of the saddle.

Anyway, if you are the Ebay type there are deals there for the taking that could be just a few more dollars than the Supergo or Performance cheapies.
You used the buy it now? $65 delivered ain't to shabby!

·
Registered
209 Posts
DaFireMedic said:
WHAT!!!..... thats awful (that they discontinued it). I just bought an Aireon Prolite a few weeks ago. You're right though, they no longer show on the Supergo website. There goes my source of cheap, fairly light seats. Bummer.
http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?...and=&sku=12085&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=

Click that long bunch of gibberish and you will see that Nashbar is selling what used to be the Aireon Team for $70. A little too expensive for what you're getting, but the price will probably come down, eventually. I just got a Team from Supergo, and think it's a pretty nice saddle. If you unscrew the little bumper on the rear you save about 8 or 9 grams, and get the weight down to about 185 grams. Colorado Cyclist and Pricepoint also have some affordable housebrand saddles that are probably made by the same manufacturer.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
somehow i get the feeling that the aireon prolite and the new performance forte saddle i bought are probably made by the same company and bought up by supergo and performance. the weights are comparable and even the embroidery seems similar.

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=16198&subcategory_ID=5210#

and it sez 40 bucks there, but i got mine 35 in-store. it's comfy too

and if you're really in love with the aireon brand, here's a saddle from the road section of the supergo website

http://www.supergo.com/profile.cfm?LPROD_ID=24111&lsubcat_id=7642&lcat_id=7604&referpage=

229 grams, though. sad.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,938 Posts
I use and sell these Velo Ti...

saddles that are nice and comfy and pretty dang light once you remove the goofy plastic corner bumpers and screws (which are fine to keep the edges from ripping if you crash a lot, but I tend not to drag my saddle much when I crash anyways). With the bumpers and screws installed they're 205g and without 185g, and this for a saddle that wholesales for $30cdn. I've got them on five of my bikes now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.