Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Looks like a disposable rotor. Stans quit making AL rotors because they didn't last. I'm sure you will need to use soft organic pads.

As for the "space age" type of Al - well 7075 T6 is one of the most common alloys made in aluminum. The US space program uses far more exotic alloys I would assume.

If they were $20 like the Alligators I would give them a try - but not for $120.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
off the ad....."These are used for cross country ridings only. They will create high squeaky noise when used for steep hill ridings."

Kinda puts them into perspective

·
Registered
183 Posts
I tried these on my commute bike. They squeak horrendously when new cause the coloured coating is NOT a good braking surface.

The coating was coming off slowly with use so I decided to speed up the process and sanded it off they worked better and squeaked less.

But far from perfect (noisy and sub par braking compared to steel rotors) and I ditched them. I would not try them on my XC bikes. Give me Hope floaters anyday.

To be honest I don't see the point off the coloured coating since it comes off anyway and makes the braking performance terrible.

The weight is accurate FWIW!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.