Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I got my bar from ebay today (US seller of a chinese bar). The ad pics showed a bar branded with "Toseek" but the one i recieved is branded "Earrell". 130g for a 700mm riser. It doesn't feel too flexy in my hands, will try on the bike. I don't take any big hits or anything but I still don't want the bars breaking

·
Registered
718 Posts
I got my bar from ebay today (US seller of a chinese bar). The ad pics showed a bar branded with "Toseek" but the one i recieved is branded "Earrell". 130g for a 700mm riser. It doesn't feel too flexy in my hands, will try on the bike. I don't take any big hits or anything but I still don't want the bars breaking
Be careful. It doesn't matter if they aren't flexy, that says nothing about being brittle and easy to crack.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Be careful. It doesn't matter if they aren't flexy, that says nothing about being brittle and easy to crack.
are there any kind of tests I can do to safely test this?

I got it mounted and it didn't asplode, so that's good. I gingerly put almost all my weight on it and I lived. It feels pretty solid honestly. I'm going to be a little paranoid for a while though.

And holy moly the bar it replaced was a pig.. 377g for a handlebar! I knew it was heavy stock parts but wow. So it was nice to lose half a pound off the front end. Now the bike feels really back-heavy so I gotta find 250g to lose back there.. I haven't weighed the seatpost and saddle but I'm sure there's plenty to lose there too. Another china carbon adventure awaits!

·
Registered
263 Posts
My BXT straight bars should be here this week...we shall see..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I can't believe these carbon bars come at a cost under $20. What am I missing? I currently have two Enve bars than are almost $300 combined.:madman:
yeah I wonder myself.. I'd guess you're mostly paying for liability insurance and quality assurance. I've been happy with my china bar, it's light and rides nice. It hasn't given me any reason to worry so far, to the point I went ahead and ordered a carbon seat post

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
I can't believe they cost 13 Eu and shipping to Mexico is 69 Eu!
Wow...that sucks. There is also a vendor on eBay selling the same bar. Maybe they'll ship for less.

I just might buy the bar. Lol...not sure what to do to give me peace of mind enough to actually install it on my bike.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
not sure what to do to give me peace of mind enough to actually install it on my bike.
you just have to take it easy at first and progressively try things that put more stress on the bar. first i tried bending it before I even put it on my bike.. felt good. Then once it's installed, put all your weight on the bars and push down before you even ride it. If it still feels good, go for a ride, take it off a few curbs and other easy stuff, then keep moving up. I still would be hesitant to use a super light bar for any kind of big hits though

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Well...I got and installed the "Toseek" bar. Fit and finish look pretty good. Installed it. Torqued the bar clamp to 4nm...and did the levers to where I just started feeling a bit of tension on my wrist. Rode it around the block and went off some curbs...didn't hear anything abnormal.

And its a 5 deg backwseep...while my Enve is 9 deg. Kinda made adjusting the tilt of the bar kinda strange.

Now to work up the nerve to ride it on the dirt!:skep:
IMG_1218.jpg

·
Registered
718 Posts
Well...I got and installed the "Toseek" bar. Fit and finish look pretty good. Installed it. Torqued the bar clamp to 4nm...and did the levers to where I just started feeling a bit of tension on my wrist. Rode it around the block and went off some curbs...didn't hear anything abnormal.

And its a 5 deg backwseep...while my Enve is 9 deg. Kinda made adjusting the tilt of the bar kinda strange.

View attachment 1243240
The graphics look just like the ones on a bar I had that broke. Be careful!

·
Registered
706 Posts

View attachment 1243240
As long as you have not over torqued things which it sounds like you have not, you should be fine. I don't have the Toseek bars but i am on year 3 of a toseek stem and have had no issues. i also weight 250lbs.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
interesting to hear such a range of experiences.. i have a bar that has similar graphics but a different logo. so far i've been happy but it's on a rigid fork bike so i'm not doing massive jumps or anything

·
Co Springs
2,367 Posts
I was tempted and went with a $39 carbon bar that would look about right swapping from the OEM ultra narrow bar on a 91 HardRock.
Decided to put it on my '17 Marin that had 810 mm. Working great and holding up just fine. Narrower than 810 works better on the trails I ride too.

It has some white triangle graphics that I didn't care for so I blacked it out with some electrical tape.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts