Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
the Jerc
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a night race coming up and I don't have enough battery to get me through. Is there something else I could use or build to power a Light and Motion Solo light set up? Does anyone know if the Solo works with other L&M batts?
I have two batts from L&M but it only gives me 4 hours of light. I need about 7-8. Thanks in advance.
Merc

·
Registered
148 Posts
Have you contacted L&M about the second question you pose? They are friendly and helpful folks. I've often wondered whether the batteries are compatible across the various lights in their product line but have never made the effort to ask (mainly because I only have one light and battery).
LB

·
the Jerc
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kudos to L&M

I'm replying to my own post in case anyone does a search on this. I called L&M about my Solo light set up. It can only be used with the battery it came with, which happens to be the least expensive one they sell. With 2 batts I had about 4 hours of light. I called them about buying another battery to get a total of 6 hours (3 batts). They suggested instead that I just get a Stella light unit and use the 2 batteries I already have to get about 10 hours (on highest setting). Because the Stella has a few settings I could even get more time. I'm really happy with my new light and the customer service is top notch. I would definitely recommend them to a friend.
Merc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.