Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting a new wheelset, but I am keeping my old one as a beater. It just hit me that in order to do that Im going to need another cassette and another set of rotors.

So here is the questions, Im running Hayes Carbon Strokers with V6 (160mm front and rear), since this new wheel set is much lighter I was wondering if i could shed some extra g's by getting some light rotors?

Any sugguestions?

Thanks!

PS, they are 6 bolt, going on a Chris King Hub, Mavic 817 UST rims, and DT swiss superbutted spokes... :thumbsup:

· What's "social pace?"
957 Posts
Alligator serrated rotors are the budget option, and they work well but with some brake systems (like my Hopes) you lose a little bit of power. The more-expensive option is the Hope 2-piece rotors, which are really awesome and weigh less, but they're 2-3 times more expensive. They also come in fashion colors if that sort of thing blows your skirt up.

· Registered
953 Posts
dinoadventures said:
Alligator serrated rotors are the budget option, and they work well but with some brake systems (like my Hopes) you lose a little bit of power. The more-expensive option is the Hope 2-piece rotors, which are really awesome and weigh less, but they're 2-3 times more expensive. They also come in fashion colors if that sort of thing blows your skirt up.
I have only seen the hope in black, except their far heavier two piece. I have a 7" hope 2piece in front now. Do they sell the light one in different colors as well?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.