Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been reading everything I can find on these forums for a couple weeks and I have a couple questions.

I received a couple of great samsung cells from action led for Christmas.

I'm leaning toward picking up the original yinding and pairing it with the bt40s to replace my chewed up magicshine p7.

One user mentioned buying lights from GB instead of Amazon. Is this forum gospel?

Is this the original yinding?
Yinding 900 Lumens CREE XM L2 2 LEDs 4 Modes Headlight Cycling Lamp ( Neutral White )-31.27 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

Would you recommend me picking up the entire set with the helmet strap, charger, and battery? I could never find a review of the battery or charger. Anyone have experience running with this light?

Yinding 900LM CREE XM L2 2 LEDs 4 Modes Cool White Headlight Lamp Set ( 4 x 18650 Battery US Plug )-40.39 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

BT40s

Nitefighter BT40S Cree XP - G2 1600lm Neutral White LED Bicycle Light Bike Headlamp-25.09 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Nitefighter-BT40-1600-Lumens-Light/dp/B00EG8SCLG

My current plan is to use these lights and see how much I'm actually going to ride at night before a larger investment. That way I can also see what pops up on action refurbs, ituo to go back in stock, etc. I didn't ride a lot before so I want to make sure I'm committed.

·
RAKC
7,606 Posts
Buy from Amazon instead of GearBest when you can. I won't even buy from GearBest at all anymore. If you want a Yinding that is the only place to buy from though (I have 2 already). GearBest is the only place that has the neutral white Yinding and the only real one.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
727 Posts
Gearbest just fkd me on shipping. I paid for expedited, and without notice, they downgraded shipping to post NL. It's a 1st, I've had good luck with Gearbest and even bought a dashcam from them. I was bound to run out of luck....

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I'm also in the never again from GB camp. One order is fine, then the next order the "same" item is different and the quality is crap. In all honesty though the same happens from DX. So far KD has done right on all my orders, but I'm jinxing myself for sure now.

·
RAKC
7,606 Posts
KD is OK, I haven't been totally screwed yet, just a bit of dishonesty.

But I have come to realize (as others are posting lately too) messing with Chinese lights gets old. You end up with far more money in them or replacing them. At least cheap lights on Amazon you have 30days to send back and you know you will get them.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts