Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running Karma's front and rear with Stans for the last year or so and am reasonably happy with them -- with the exception of the front tire when things get dry and loose. All the Karma's I've run have weighed in at 450-478g and I need a light tire (I'm a light weight spinner). Any recommendations on a more aggressive front tire that is less than 500g? I've searched around the net but have found a lot of conflicting info regarding weights and functionality.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Maybe a Nokian NBX Lite or an older Specialized Team Control SL S-Works. You can still find the Team Controls NOS on ebay. There are probably more but thats all I can think of right now.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
those team control SL's are sickly light (like 425g) but wear very fast and wicked flat happy. might be worth it for a race tire, but if you ride them every day they'll last about a month

·
Registered
779 Posts
i cant say enough good things about the Conti explorer Pro.
i race this tire XC (supersonic version), trail ride it (protection version) and i even used its bigger brother the vertical pro on my freeride bike for a while, thats how well this tread works in EVERYTHING!!
440g claimed for the SS, mine always weighed less however. and they roll and wear very well too.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Jersey said:
i cant say enough good things about the Conti explorer Pro.
i race this tire XC (supersonic version), trail ride it (protection version) and i even used its bigger brother the vertical pro on my freeride bike for a while, thats how well this tread works in EVERYTHING!!
440g claimed for the SS, mine always weighed less however. and they roll and wear very well too.[/IMG]
Ditto here. Lovin' this tire for the past couple of months, front and rear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.