Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Which are the best tires for a good rider racing XC on a HT?

• Kenda Karma DTC, 2.0

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Schwalbe Racing Ralph, 2.1

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Tioga Red Phoenix, 1.9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hutchinson Python Airlight, 2.0

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Other (Plesa post what)

Votes: 3 15.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure there are tons of threads about this, but the search dosn't seem to be working, so here goes. I'm a 130# skilled rider who will be racing Jr. Expert next year, and I'm looking for some good race tires. The four I'm looking at currently are:
Schwalbe Racing Ralph, 2.1", 470g.
Tioga Red Phoenix, 1.9, 440
Kenda Karma DTC, 2.0, 480
Hutchinson Python Airlights, 2.0, 485.
I specifically want to know how thes four stack up in terms of rolling resistance. I'll be racing in the NE, and yes, I will be on a hardtail. Which tires are recomended?

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
The Python is probably the most popular race tire, it might not be the best but a lot of shops carry it and it is often heavily discounted. I raced all year on Pythons. I raced a couple of times in mud when I would have been a lot better off with just about any other tire. I havent raced with any of the other tires. I did race with the Kenda Kharisma which I think it a pretty good light weight UST mud tire. I think the Pythons and the Kharismas when be a good two tire set up for a season.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.