Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Don't be hasty.
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a wheelset I could not resist, but it means switching to CL rotors. I'm trying to determine if it's more practical to find a set of CL rotors for not too much money, or get some adapters and run my alligators.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
On my scale, rotor alone (SM-RT97 M970 160mm) is 128g, and with lockring its 136-137g. If you did the new Scrub Components 160mm rotor (56g) plus my "tuned" DT Swiss centerlock adapter (17g including Chris King 12t aluminum cassette lockring) you'd save 63g per wheel/rotor assembly. That's 1/4lb off the bike if you do both front and rear.

·
Don't be hasty.
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the weights BlownCivic. I think as far as money is concerned (which I don't have much of), using my alligator rotors with the alligator adapters would be a better way for me to go. I'll have to source some lockrings though. Are they 11 or 12 tooth?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
rockyuphill said:
The DT Swiss adapters will likely be lighter than the Alligator. The DT's are 29gms each complete.

You'd need to track down the 12T lockrings for the Alligator adapters.
I suspect the same. I think the Alligator ones are made of steel, whereas the DT ones are aluminum. I am using Chris King 12t lockrings, but I also used a 12t Campy lockring for a short while as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.