Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
61 - 80 of 773 Posts

·
www.lightbicycle.com
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
... and DT 350 in Boost too please.
Hi Alixta, Initially, we were planning on doing DT 240's and Hopes in Boost format. We'll re-consider boost 350's. Do you prefer the J-bend or straight pull version, centerlock or 6-bolt rotors, 28 or 32h?

Do you think the Boost hubs will be really popular in 2016, and is it mostly the boost rear hubs people will want or the complete set? There is a boost front hub which is 110x15mm instead of 100x15mm.

Sorry, you asked us 1 question and we respond with asking you 5 more questions... :skep:

Thank You!

·
www.lightbicycle.com
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Are you looking to offer the Novatech D542SB hub as a wheelbuild option soon?
Sorry, I missed this reply yesterday. I don't think we'll be offering this hub option. We are concentrating on the Hope hubs and DT Swiss 350/240 level.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hi Alixta, Initially, we were planning on doing DT 240's and Hopes in Boost format. We'll re-consider boost 350's. Do you prefer the J-bend or straight pull version, centerlock or 6-bolt rotors, 28 or 32h?

Do you think the Boost hubs will be really popular in 2016, and is it mostly the boost rear hubs people will want or the complete set? There is a boost front hub which is 110x15mm instead of 100x15mm.

Sorry, you asked us 1 question and we respond with asking you 5 more questions... :skep:

Thank You!
I know you didn't ask me this question but ... I think you will find there will be increasing demand for Boost hubs. Frame manufacturers are switching over - Santa Cruz, Ibis, Pivot, Yeti for example. And it's only going to increase.

·
Registered
228 Posts

Personally I'd go DT350 over Hope, also J over straight and 32. Especially with DT350 being US$80 cheaper than Hope on your site.

I'd speculate that the majority of new boost bikes will be boost front and rear. How that translates to sales for you guys is hard to say though.

·
www.lightbicycle.com
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I know you didn't ask me this question but ... I think you will find there will be increasing demand for Boost hubs. Frame manufacturers are switching over - Santa Cruz, Ibis, Pivot, Yeti for example. And it's only going to increase.
Thank you for your feedback Jon. Yes, it's hard for us to figure out when it will start to change and if the boost front wheels will be as popular as the rears.

·
www.lightbicycle.com
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Personally I'd go DT350 over Hope, also J over straight and 32. Especially with DT350 being US$80 cheaper than Hope on your site.

I'd speculate that the majority of new boost bikes will be boost front and rear. How that translates to sales for you guys is hard to say though.
Thank you Alixta, yes we might need to get some 350 boost hubs ordered as well. We do see that J-bend/32h/6-bolt disc hubs are more popular.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Thank you Alixta, yes we might need to get some 350 boost hubs ordered as well. We do see that J-bend/32h/6-bolt disc hubs are more popular.
FWIW, I would predict that offering DT350 hubs in Boost 148/110, J-Bend, 32 hole, 6-bolt configuration will significantly increase your sales.

I know a lot of serious riders that own nothing other than DT hubs, due almost solely to the star-drive ratchet mechanism. Many race on 240s, but find 350s more than adequate for every day training wheels.

·
Shortcutting Hikabiker
3,220 Posts
Light Bicycle,

Is there an option to get only the logo on your avatar put on the rims vs the large Light-Bicycle logo that is available now? Do your decals go under the clear coat?

·
www.lightbicycle.com
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
FWIW, I would predict that offering DT350 hubs in Boost 148/110, J-Bend, 32 hole, 6-bolt configuration will significantly increase your sales.

I know a lot of serious riders that own nothing other than DT hubs, due almost solely to the star-drive ratchet mechanism. Many race on 240s, but find 350s more than adequate for every day training wheels.
Hi Kosmo, yes we are wondering about this also. The 350's have really good value and one could upgrade the bearings if they wanted something one step closer to 240's. The freehubs are the same. 240's and 350's are upgradeable to 36 and 54t star ratchets and we see the availability getting better on these.

·
www.lightbicycle.com
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Light Bicycle,

Is there an option to get only the logo on your avatar put on the rims vs the large Light-Bicycle logo that is available now? Do your decals go under the clear coat?
Hi Acme,

We just designed the new logo (on our Avatar). Our current models are not replaceable and are applied underneath. We are working on new decal designs that are replaceable and applied on top of the clear coat. This style is a bit heavier and thicker than the current decals, but I think the new design will look awesome and it is nice to be able to replace them easily!

I am not quite sure what is happening with your Avatar. But i like it.

·
Cassoulet forever !
2,260 Posts
Hi Jon123,

Yes, we are ordering Boost DT 240 hubs, they might not be here until ~February though.

For the wheelset weight, yes we would like to add this in the future. If you want to check DT wheelset weights with our rims, the DT Swiss spoke calculator is very accurate. Enter the rim ERD and weights and then choose from the list of DT Swiss parts (spokes/hubs/nipples). It will calculate the weights of the front/rear and wheelset. It even accounts for the weight change due to spoke lengths.

If you happen to have other hubs, you could still use this calculator and override the hub weight by looking up on the manufacturers website. Here is the link: https://spokes-calculator.dtswiss.com/en/calculator
I asked DT swiss about the availability of 240 hubs in boost format, and was told that they would be an ENVE only option for 2016.
Can you confirm that you are going to get some ?

If so, then i might be very interested.

·
Shortcutting Hikabiker
3,220 Posts
Hi Acme,

We just designed the new logo (on our Avatar). Our current models are not replaceable and are applied underneath. We are working on new decal designs that are replaceable and applied on top of the clear coat. This style is a bit heavier and thicker than the current decals, but I think the new design will look awesome and it is nice to be able to replace them easily!

I am not quite sure what is happening with your Avatar. But i like it.
These just came in today. I think it looks pretty good.

Wood Hardwood Flooring Floor Wood flooring

·
Shortcutting Hikabiker
3,220 Posts
are those the only decals on the rims? i like that style much better than the old one
Yeah those are the only ones. I specifically requested them this way so I don't know if they plan to make it a normal thing or not. These may be the only ones they ever do like this unless you specifically ask, I don't know.

They do look loads better than the old logo. There was way too much going on with that. These are the first I've ordered from them with any sort of logos.

·
Sir Shreds-A-Lot
1,076 Posts
Yeah those are the only ones. I specifically requested them this way so I don't know if they plan to make it a normal thing or not. These may be the only ones they ever do like this unless you specifically ask, I don't know.

They do look loads better than the old logo. There was way too much going on with that. These are the first I've ordered from them with any sort of logos.
totally agree, low key is nice. those old logos were obnoxious

·
www.lightbicycle.com
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
I asked DT swiss about the availability of 240 hubs in boost format, and was told that they would be an ENVE only option for 2016.
Can you confirm that you are going to get some ?

If so, then i might be very interested.
We've got Boost hubs on order from DT Swiss, 240's and 350's. Hope Pro 4's in Boost on the way as well.

·
www.lightbicycle.com
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Asymmetrical Rim Update

Our new asymmetrical rims are now online and in stock, here are the details:

We have had these molds at the factory for a while now but wanted to perfect the layup and the whole program before releasing on our website. The new rims are 28mm internally and 34mm externally with a relatively thick and short hookless bead for solid impact protection. They have the usual bead seat bump for ease of tubeless setup and security against burping. The 650 version weighs in at 400-410g per rim and the 29 425-435g. We've called the lighter version the AM728 and AM928 respectively (7 or 9 is for the diameter, and the 28 is the internal width). The AM is the light version, and the EN728 and EN928 is the heavier version with extra reinforcement which adds about 45-50g to each rim. We do a complete T700 3k wrap internally so you're getting reinforcement on the sidewalls, center channel, and nipple seats. The EN version is good for more aggressive Enduro style riders.

We have these rims in stock with a UD matte finish and they can ship within 2 days. If you prefer a glossy finish, 3k, or 12k weave exterior, we can still make those for you, but there would be a wait.

We have gone with a new style of decal for these rims which are easily replaceable, so you can swap to another colour or replace if you get a bad scratch. All of these rims come with decals at no extra charge and you can choose from the 7 different colours at checkout (all colours are in stock).

The spoke holes are drilled on angles (left/right/left) so the nipples pull more in line with the spokes which reduces stress. The asymmetric profile is offset 2.6mm which evens out the spoke tension from left to right. It results in a more durable wheel build and we did not go too crazy on the offset so it works great with boost hubs as well as standard.

We offer a 2 year 25% off crash replacement policy (on these rims only).

At checkout, we've added a PP35 discount code which essentially removes the PayPal fee. This is active for these rims only.

27.5 - 28/34mm
29 - 28/34mm

Our new lightweight black anodized alloy valves and tubeless rim tape are now in stock. We've added that to the accessories tab on our site. You can order it as a separate item for now, but we will be adding it to our wheel builds soon (so that you can have it installed for you).

Tape and Valves

Colorfulness Magenta Purple Circle Synthetic rubber
Automotive tire Pink Colorfulness Synthetic rubber Purple
Audio equipment Tints and shades Monochrome Monochrome photography Black
Colorfulness Line Light Grey Parallel

61 - 80 of 773 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.