Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Light and Motion ARC HID light. My problem is that my runtime has decreased significantly (to less than 1 hr. 45 mins.) even though the battery has only around 50 or so charge/discharge cycles on it. The other symptom is that the "low battery" indicator starts flashing within minutes of turning the light on and continues flashing for the entire ride (until full discharge when the flashing speeds up then shuts down the system).

Light and Motion's tech people suggest I may need a new ballast and will have to send it in for an epxensive repair (well...expensive in my book) but this doesn't sound like a ballast issue to me....any ideas guys?

Bob (Toronto)

·
He be a moose too.
2,174 Posts
Talk to them about an upgrade to the Seca, it might be worth it. My ballast was doing funny things and I upgraded. Be sure to get them to include a helmet mount. Seems pretty stupid to upgrade someone and then make them spend another $15 for a helmet mount. I complained a bit and got them to send one out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.