Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of a reliable and lightwieght wheelset for my current project and have come up with the following spec :-

Hubs: DT Swiss 240's
Rims: Stans ZTR Olympic 347gr
Spokes: DT Swiss revolution 2.0/1.8
Nipple: DT Swiss Pro Lock Aluminium 2.0/12

Does anyone know any bike shops that could build this up at a decent price ??. Preferably east coats US.

Thanks
Gadget

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,287 Posts
I would HIGHLY recommend Chad from redbarnbicycles.com. He is a regular on mtbr and has built every type of wheelset you can imagine. One of my favorite light-weight wheelsets I have seem him build is Tune Kong hubs / Sapim CXRay spokes / Stans rims.....under 1400 grams yet tough.

Larry from mtnhighcyclery is incredible as well and does TONS of wheels for folks across the globe....between these 2 guys, no need to go elsewhere.

shouldnt really matter (to me anyway) where they are located. these guys are my local shop and stand behind everything they do....just ask around.

edit: oh mama.....found them...1365 grams per chad

·
Nothing here
757 Posts
I would have to agree. Chad has built a really tough wheelset (Hadley hub, DT Supercomp spokes, DT Swiss 5.1d rims) for me and still runs true as the first day I got em. I even threw a chain into the spokes and bent a few spokes near the hub but hasn't failed yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.