Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figure you could get a 09 RIP down to 26, but thought someone out there might post their lightweight specs and pics.

·
2,815 Posts
BoomingSooner said:
I figure you could get a 09 RIP down to 26, but thought someone out there might post their lightweight specs and pics.
26 is do-able, but tough. Here is Sue's...26.5# size small raw. This is the lightest one I've seen so far.

Attachments

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
Brett,
Have you actually seen that bike weighed, because I'm thinking 26.5 lbs is BS. I can't see how that bike could possibly weigh a full 3 lbs less than my medium with a full X.0 build, carbon bits & I-9 wheels.

just sayin'..........

·
2,815 Posts
I didn't see it on a scale, but that's what I was emailed...maybe w/out pedals. It does have some light stuff...560 gram tires, 1750 gram wheelset, 100 gram stem, etc.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thought there was only a pound difference between the RIP and Jet. Seen many 25.something pound Jets. Might not be as many RIPs on the market or people just might not go weight crazy on them because of their use.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
Brett,
Have you actually seen that bike weighed, because I'm thinking 26.5 lbs is BS. I can't see how that bike could possibly weigh a full 3 lbs less than my medium with a full X.0 build, carbon bits & I-9 wheels.

just sayin'..........
My 2008 large rip 9 is not full of carbon and titanium bits and it weighed 29.4 pounds on the digital scale at the shop with cage pedals on it, 2.35 inch tires, and a 28 inch aluminum bar. x-9/x0 shifters and derailleurs. It could easily be 2 or 3 pounds lighter with carbon bars, seatpost, stem, light saddle, lighter rims, tubless, lighter grips, etc.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What kind/size of chainstay guards are on there? Do you really think you need both?

·
Space Ghost
962 Posts
BoomingSooner said:
What kind/size of chainstay guards are on there? Do you really think you need both?
They are Jumbo Lizard Skins and I run a 1x9 setup and from what I have heard, yes the seatstay gets banged also. I figure better safe than sorry. I was going to use handlebar tape, but it looked like crap. I'm not a roadie and my wrap job was lousy. If I don't get enough coverage, I'll switch to an inner tube.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts