Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are some good lift access areas near Reno? I was hoping to try out downhilling, and want to try the courses. Also are there any good freeride trails around?

Thanks

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
CountryBoy said:
Where are some good lift access areas near Reno? I was hoping to try out downhilling, and want to try the courses. Also are there any good freeride trails around?

Thanks
Northstar stopped this past summer, supposedly due to on-mountain construction activities surrounding their huge expansion project. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before they are hauling bikes up the mountain again, but anybody know if '07 will be the year?

I saw some promotional videos this fall that Kirkwood has been quietly offering lift access. Not very well publicized -- worth checking into.

·
don't move for trees
1,832 Posts
N* will be open in 2007 and by the looks of it, could be next week if the 60 degree temps keep up :D northstar is great, they have every thing from fire roads to their dh race course, to stuff you'd be scared to walk. i think i rode kirkwood, i can't rember, and it sucked compaired to northstar. as for free ride, theres tahoe, and some local trails

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
BKnight said:
N* will be open in 2007 and by the looks of it, could be next week if the 60 degree temps keep up :D
I've ridden neither on my bike, but was impressed to see the ramps and stunts still plainly visible underneath the Vista chair when I went up that miserable opening weekend in December. What a depressing ski season! :(

·
don't move for trees
1,832 Posts
i havn't been up yet, the snow just looks like crap. heres some pics from north star, 2 years ago

ladder towards mid mountian

lots of log rides

tree jump

drops like this all over

·
weirdo
6,223 Posts
Countryboy, I don`t know about chair lift DH, but if you hook up with BKnight and Giffels, I bet you could twist their arms into showing you where the little downhill run off Geiger Grade is. They even posted some pics from it about a week ago. They showed me where, but I won`t be back- MANIACS!! Also, I hear there are some stunts set up on Peavine either over the "R" or over the "N"- can`t remember which and I don`t know the south side of the mountain very well. Maybe someone else can say for sure.

·
don't move for trees
1,832 Posts
hehe, geigers fun! and it can sorta be considered a chair life run. if you wana try it, give a hollar, we ride it about twice a week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.