Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this isnt a repost already, but check this out.. This looks pretty radical. The HD stuff is spot on and even their ads for Saint stuff are badass and compelling. I cannot wait until this comes out.. Pre-Order for sure. The site can do more justice than I can. Be sure to check out the photos.. Sickeningly cool.
http://www.lifecyclesfilm.com/
Worthy of mentioning in the same sentence as the Collective? I think it looks promising.
Cheers
Erik

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,746 Posts
I'm currently watching NWD9 on Bluray and it's so worth it... The helmet cam shot of Cam Zink backflipping is un-FN-real...

Yeah-more Bluray please. I'm holding out for that re-release of "Ride to the hills." LOL.

·
Ideas Above My Station...
1,506 Posts
Those Saint ad's are brilliantly done. I'm impressed.

Websites very cool too, but i don't get it, are they bringing a MTb film out, the 'teaser' is quite abstract?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agreed, everything is beautifully done, even the ads make me want to ride.
I wouldnt mind having some of the new Saint bits too.

Taken from the NSMB site.
"Life Cycles is a mountain bike film currently being produced by acclaimed cycling photographer Derek Frankowski and accomplished filmmaker Ryan Gibb. The cutting edge project promises to redefine the bike film landscape... Shot in super HD on a Red One camera and featuring some of the industry’s top pros, Frankowski and Gibb have already spent years on the project, quietly amassing some of the most revolutionary action sequences ever caught on film."

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The pic that caught my eye. The unique landscapes they use are really impressive and progressive. The shot with Semenuk in the corn field is unreal.

Attachments

·
Bike Hustler
822 Posts
Its great that they've been "amassing sequences for years for the project" but I also have to say it might be silly to see shots of dudes riding 05' Sundays and 06' SX trails (even in HD) if it gets released even a year from now.

·
dontcha?
1,433 Posts
looks promising after being severely disappointed by latitudes i'm looking forward to this..

·
Now with More Wood
2,964 Posts
edray said:
Hope this isnt a repost already, but check this out.. This looks pretty radical. The HD stuff is spot on and even their ads for Saint stuff are badass and compelling. I cannot wait until this comes out.. Pre-Order for sure. The site can do more justice than I can. Be sure to check out the photos.. Sickeningly cool.
http://www.lifecyclesfilm.com/
Worthy of mentioning in the same sentence as the Collective? I think it looks promising.
Cheers
Erik
Promising yes, but it's a bit premature to want to compare it to the work of the Collective...we've only seen 10 seconds of bike riding so far....(but yes, that shot in the prairie looks VERY cool....).

·
Registered
514 Posts
Nobody can touch the collective today. Nobody has even come close yet. I will keep and eye on these guys, as it would be cool to have more killer MTB footage, but until they actually produce something that can even be mentioned int he same sentence as the collective, I remain unconvinced. ;)

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,746 Posts
dropmachine.com said:
Nobody can touch the collective today. Nobody has even come close yet. I will keep and eye on these guys, as it would be cool to have more killer MTB footage, but until they actually produce something that can even be mentioned int he same sentence as the collective, I remain unconvinced. ;)
Too bad they don't have Seasons on Bluray. There are parts of it that look horrid compared to the Bluray NWD9 I just got... I would re-purchase every Collective film I have if they go hi-def. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Iceman2058 said:
A whole other level? You can tell already?

To me, Seasons was one of the best films all time, so "a whole new level" sounds pretty exciting. :rolleyes:
Can you not see that everything from the cinematography and the soundtrack that it is something totally different than anything that has ever been done before? Not necessarily better I suppose but a whole different level as in something different.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts