Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Yep, My basic home since the end of June has been a large mass of metal away from any sign of trail.

Seems everyone is having too much fun on the front range this summer. Sad I missed it all.:(

·
I can't ride 45!
1,158 Posts
Summers not over yet! Welcome home. I will be riding wed in summit county, and thurs and fri in WP. If you have some time to ride give me a call. What camera are you shooting this picture and the sunset shot from the other thread? Do you have a new camera -- looks sharper with less post-processing.

·
trail waggler
1,425 Posts
I was thinking the same thing...

lidarman said:
Seems everyone is having too much fun on the front range this summer. Sad I missed it all.:(
I'm hoping for a mild winter myself :) Want to grab a beer with Jim and any other interested folks this week? (Mmmm, Twisted Pine IPA.....)

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
lidarman said:
Yep, My basic home since the end of June has been a large mass of metal away from any sign of trail.

Izzat the RV Brown? You know an MPC name Al Hickey?

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
DWF said:
Izzat the RV Brown? You know an MPC name Al Hickey?
R H Brown....Al might have rotated out (lots of rotation in the NOAA fleet). What is your connection here?

Jason, very observant. I do have a new camera, and a back pack to carry it ;-)

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
daveM said:
I'm hoping for a mild winter myself :) Want to grab a beer with Jim and any other interested folks this week? (Mmmm, Twisted Pine IPA.....)
Me! Me! I'm a bacheleor as of Thursday evening for a few days. How better to celebrate...

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
lidarman said:
R H Brown....Al might have rotated out (lots of rotation in the NOAA fleet). What is your connection here?

Seems like a cool way to spend some summer. What do you do, Meteologist? Oceanographer?

Ahhh...life on the sea. You probably ate better than us Sailors ever did.

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
lidarman said:

RV = Research Vessel but I couldn't remember the ship's whole name, just the "Brown." I've spent a lot of time on RV's and have worked on some land based joint NSF/NOAA projects in Antarctica (South Pole, McMurdo, & Palmer). Here's one of my favorite pics from that time: http://www.anvilbikes.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=97&.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts