Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Some of you may have seen a few months ago my build thread, now its two months later and I thought Id give some impressions and of course, more photos!

As for impressions, of all the dual suspension bikes, I have ever ridden this would be the best, the most plush, the lightest and most importantly the FASTEST bike Ive ever had the pleasure to ride! It just soaks up the downhills, any tight single track is ironed out to a fast flowing trail that only flys past faster and faster!

Pushing the launch system button on the fork sets the Mojo up as a hill dominating climbing machine, the rear suspension almost throws you up the climbs. Flicking the lockout lever on the rear shock turns the bike into a hardtail, literally it becomes SOLID, there is no movement which makes the bike climb even quicker.

The whole package has amazed me with its agility and speed, as per norm from SRAM the gear equipment shifts incredibly quick and reliably (im an avid sram fan as you may guess).

All up the frame is dead on, congratulations to the Ibis guys, the hardwork paid off the result, THE most fun lightweight 5" dually on the market without a doubt! (Current weight 10.2kg - soon to go down to around 9.4kg)

Without any further ado, I give pictures :)

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice build Liam. Lets have a spec list. I just posted pictures of mine on the build forum (not SL). I built mine up 6 weeks ago and agree with you that it's the fastest full sus I have ever ridden. Absolutely awesome. My older Whyte 46 is slightly plusher on the downhills but overall the Mojo is incredible. :)

·
KevinK
531 Posts
Very nice build Liam2051!!! I am currently spec'ing my bike out to order. So far, I have a DT Swiss EXC 150 15Ta fork, but, and have everything ready except for my Wheels, and Brakes. Would love to see your spec list.

Thanks, and congrats on an awesome build!

Kevin

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Seeing as a few people have asked Build specs are as follows

Frame: Ibis Mojo SL - DT shock red links
Fork: DT swiss XRC 130 carbon
Headset: Cane creek
Stem: WCS alloy for the time being until fitout is corrected - eventually carbon WCS
Bars: WCS carbon riser
Shifters: SRAM XO carbon
Derailuer: SRAM XO carbon
F Derailuer: SRAM X9
Brakeset: Avid Elixer CR carbon
Cables: Nokon red
Crankset: Truvativ Noir Carbon
BB: GXP team
Cassette: Pg 990
Chain: 991 hollowpin
Seatpost: Syncross production carbon - change to WCS
Saddle: FSA K force lite carbon shell
Wheelset: Jetblack assault - soon to be changed to custom wheelset with DT swiss carbon rim
Tires: Maxxis folding crossmarks - soon to be changed to continental race king supersonics

Total weight 10.2 kg, with new wheelset, tires, cassette I should be able to drop a good kilo so ill definitely be under 10kg's

·
Proud bike-o-holic
977 Posts
Hello Liam,

Congrats on your bike!. Which size is it and how tall are you?

BTW I can see the carbon pattern in the frame, is that how the black SL comes? I thought the matte black was a no see-thru plastic-like finish.

Regards

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi marco,

Thanks for the congrats - its a large Im 6"1

The matt rubberised finish shows the weave, its the same as a clear coat but in matt finish. I prefer it as it isnt so 'showy' like the gloss parts are

thanks
Liam

·
Registered
97 Posts
liam2051 said:
Seeing as a few people have asked Build specs are as follows

Frame: Ibis Mojo SL - DT shock red links
Fork: DT swiss XRC 130 carbon
Headset: Cane creek
Stem: WCS alloy for the time being until fitout is corrected - eventually carbon WCS
Bars: WCS carbon riser
Shifters: SRAM XO carbon
Derailuer: SRAM XO carbon
F Derailuer: SRAM X9
Brakeset: Avid Elixer CR carbon
Cables: Nokon red

Total weight 10.2 kg, with new wheelset, tires, cassette I should be able to drop a good kilo so ill definitely be under 10kg's
hey liam,
what sixe is your rear derailer? long or medium. any benefit either way?
thanks
Gav

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
awetdog said:
hey liam,
what sixe is your rear derailer? long or medium. any benefit either way?
thanks
Gav
Medium mate, seeing as Im running her 2x9 (possibly 1x9 soon!) I thought it better for two reasons - 1, tighter chain line to reduce the notorious chain suck, and two it shortens rip-off-ability lol

So far Im yet to have any chain suck on the mojo, the chain is running very tight, only just making it when in big-big but only on the rarest of occasions is it used like that anyway

·
holding back the darkness
1,734 Posts
liam2051 said:
I prefer it as it isnt so 'showy' like the gloss parts are
So you like the subdued frame because it isn't showy, but then the rest of the bike is Blingasaurus Rex? :thumbsup:

Beautiful build though. Well done.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
subliminalshiver said:
So you like the subdued frame because it isn't showy, but then the rest of the bike is Blingasaurus Rex? :thumbsup:

Beautiful build though. Well done.
Haha sort of contradicts itself dosent it? I really do think though that had the frame been gloss it would have been too in-your-face

Thanks for the compliments :) She sure rides well

·
Registered
487 Posts
Beautiful bike Liam, I've got a Mogo on order but went with a clear(black)and blue combo instead of the clear and red. I'm curious, where did you get the crank bolts?

·
Registered
315 Posts
CRC has the XMC 130 @ $526- seems to be a smokin deal. How are you likin' the fork after a few months of riding??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts