Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna try converting my e13 guide the lg1 guide. but it looks like the the tabs are basicly tacked in place on the BB shell.

so i am wondering are the tabs on the frame stout enough to take a good whack from a log/rock?

·
NICE KID...NICE
717 Posts
I am running the LG1 on my 2007 Gran Mal...

Same tabs I think and no problem so far. As far as the conversion goes... The back plates are tha same on both guides. You just need to get the box style guide from E13. Good luck...let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have been running the MRP g2 on mine all year without a problem...dont hit the bash on mine too much though.

·
i like rocks
1,606 Posts
the iscg tabs on my 1st gen frame was only tack welded. my current 08 frame is fully welded. when i swapped to the new front triangle i swapped from an mrp s3 to an lg1. i would not have felt comfortable running a taco on the older frame, but feel good about the new one.

·
Former Ninja
427 Posts
For most normal riders, I wouldn't have any concerns running the LG1 on the BR. If you find yourself thoroughly thrashing your bashguards, I would suggest going with the SRS. I have only seen one pair of ISCG-OLD tabs fail in person..and that was at a National race on a pro riders bike...and the entire drivetrain was mangled.

I think you would be fine!

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen

...and even if you did somehow mangle the tabs, there is always the option of using our bottom bracket mount adapter plate!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.