Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
#1 Latex Salesman
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Universal Cycles has the MRP Slalom 3 chainguide with Alloy bash ring for $133 or Lexan for $148. Is the Lexan worth the extra $15?

ps - there is no decision to be made on the chainguide. Suggestions for an e13 aren't necessary.

·
Registered
771 Posts
hmm i would go for an E13...anyways now that i got that out of the way. I dont really think that the Lexan is that much better then just a normal chain guide but for an extra $15 would do it

·
#1 Latex Salesman
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK I guess it's necessary. The e13 requires "slight modification" to fit the demo9. There's no reason for me to have to modify a brand new product. The MRP is as good or better and I like the orange rollers. So, lexan or alloy ring? I'm leaning toward the alloy. I like the grinding sound when I hit rocks. But if the lexan is otherwise a much better choice I'd go for it.

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
RTM said:
Universal Cycles has the MRP Slalom 3 chainguide with Alloy bash ring for $133 or Lexan for $148. Is the Lexan worth the extra $15?

ps - there is no decision to be made on the chainguide. Suggestions for an e13 aren't necessary.

well some people say you will have trouble down the way with alloy bash rings cuzz they could bend etc. i dont really now about mrp's lexan bashguard but i know the e-13 is a sick guard. i have onyl heard of one person ever breaking one and it was cuzz he tightened the bolts down to tights and in cracked. but e-13 has great customer service and will warranty any of that stuff even if u do somehow manage to break it (or so i have heard). i dont think u should spend the etrxa 15. i think u should hold the extra 40 and just get an E-13 for 109

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
I've bent enough Alu guards to say definitely get the Lexan, in the end you'll save yourself money, since you'll be buying one eventually.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I've had much better success with the lexan guards. I'm a hack sometimes, and like to plow through things. The aluminum bashes I've had get chunks taken out and can get deformed/bent, vs the lexan that glides across rocks , and downed trees while staying true.

·
Florida Rider
880 Posts
E13 all the way, Slight modification? That probobly means you will have to shave it a little or something to fit it, no big deal. GET IT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts