Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
My pants are smart.
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i hit Lewis Morris yesterday - conditions were alright - actually not what I expected. The trails were OK - the fireroad climb was wet but not too bad - and really torn up, (i guess for maintenance, real deep tracks from a backhoe or something). Then I got down the first section of singletrack from the top of the fire road. The top section was fine - not wet or soft, but at the bottom it was really wet, lots of pooling water - and thats where I got my flat.

Of course i forgot my camelbak - so i had no room for tools, or the all important patch kit. I had to walk out - that sucked, but at least i got out on some dirt on a beautiful day.

I guess it was the trail gods saying something like "patience - the trails aren't ready just yet, and since you aren't listening, we'll just stop you'.

and that they did.

·
Registered
92 Posts
new info u may not like?

Those deep tire marks are from K-9 unit countys at its best oh yea another thing that annoyed me ATVs used by the cops too..( they got stuck in mud) inside the Lewis Morris Park all reported Apirl 6th 1:20pm

hill_climber said:
Well i hit Lewis Morris yesterday - conditions were alright - actually not what I expected. The trails were OK - the fireroad climb was wet but not too bad - and really torn up, (i guess for maintenance, real deep tracks from a backhoe or something). Then I got down the first section of singletrack from the top of the fire road. The top section was fine - not wet or soft, but at the bottom it was really wet, lots of pooling water - and thats where I got my flat.

Of course i forgot my camelbak - so i had no room for tools, or the all important patch kit. I had to walk out - that sucked, but at least i got out on some dirt on a beautiful day.

I guess it was the trail gods saying something like "patience - the trails aren't ready just yet, and since you aren't listening, we'll just stop you'.

and that they did.

·
Registered
92 Posts
IMBA meeting Lewis Morris boat house 4/9/05 2pm-5pm

Morris Velo Sports Team supported by Martys Reliable Center

Lewis Morris First held IMBA meeting @ boat house 4/9/05 2pm-5pm>>
Trail day with IMBA 4/10/05 @ boat house 8am to 3pm please call Greg Murray 973 829 8256 to get a spot!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.