Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Wisconsin Endurance Mountain Bike Series just changed the format for the Levis Trow 12 hr event. The race will be 100 miles in length on a course with lap distance of approximately 20-25 miles. Sounds like the 3 and 6 hour races will follow the standard format.

The 100 mile event should be interesting given the terrain. Anyone have any details on this event?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Very interesting, I wonder what the cutoff times will be. Only the top riders were breaking 100 miles in the 12 hr format. Should be fun though, I've been wanting to try a 100 miler.

"Shorter distances will be used for the "6 & 3 Hour racers", looks like they might be doing distances too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anybody got a short description of the terrain/course? I'm thinking of signing up for this as my second hundie, I just signed up to run Lumberjack in June.

I figure I'll be recovered enough in August...

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
Ridden anywhere else in WI?

sgrady11 said:
Anybody got a short description of the terrain/course? I'm thinking of signing up for this as my second hundie, I just signed up to run Lumberjack in June.

I figure I'll be recovered enough in August...
There is a fairly big loop that is an IMBA Epic loop at L-T. Rolling terrain, sandy, rocky and rooty in spots, boggy in others. Lots of flowy singletrack, some cool switchbacks, some steepish climbs but not real high, a trail called "Cliffhanger", off camber ascents, descents.......

My favorite place in WI to ride.:cool: :thumbsup: ;) :D

Greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.