Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Adobo Lover
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched their website and downloads but didn't find an answer. Probably a bone head question. Where is the adjustment knob for the Hayes nine to move the lever closer for my fingers to reach?

·
EDR
10,430 Posts
95Stumpy said:
I've searched their website and downloads but didn't find an answer. Probably a bone head question. Where is the adjustment knob for the Hayes nine to move the lever closer for my fingers to reach?
I think its the same as my Mags. Look for a 2 or 2.5mm allen head screw down where the lever connects to the housing. Its in there somewhere, should be obvious once you see it. Then again, I don't have 9's, haha, but I am pretty sure they are the same.

EDIT: here ya go... this is the only reference on the website to make the adjustment.

Lever Reach Adjustment
1. Adjust the brake lever reach by using a 2.0 mm Allen wrench and turning the push rod that
goes through the lever adjusting bushing. Do not attempt to force the adjustment screw
beyond its limits.

http://www.hayesdiscbrake.com/pdf/45-14550BEnglishForWeb.pdf

Can be found under "Starting Out" about a 1/4 way down the page...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.