Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012-oakley-wind-jacket-eyewear-quickshift-review-1.jpg

I'm looking for a pair of sunglasses that will seal around the eyes to keep out all the pollen. I have bad allergies and riding in the spring can be murder sometimes. Oakley used to make a pair called Wind Jacket but they are no longer available (see pic above). Does any one else make a similar pair? Any help would be a appreciated.

·
Redcoat
1,005 Posts
I saw that but I don't think the Split Jacket is available either. At least it's not on Oakley's website
Just did a google search and quite a few popped up.

There's also quite a lot of wind jackets also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just did a google search and quite a few popped up.

There's also quite a lot of wind jackets also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just bought the Split Jacket on OakleyVault.com and the wind gasket kit for @ $140.00

Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
41 Posts
What about goggles? A better "seal" around the eyes, bigger clear field of vision, and you can call yourself Enduro! Various models for around $30. I too have bad allergies, while I don't ride with goggles, yet, glasses always hurt the side of my big head just above the ears after a while (even with flexy Split Jackets). Once the Dr clears me to ride again it will be summer, so I'm waiting until next year, but I think it's a better option. Although it does look a little goofy with an open face helmet....
I'm buying those safety glasses for work, thanks Freightlinerbob.

·
#1 Latex Salesman
1,869 Posts
Check out the Wiley-X XL-1. Very similar to the oakleys you posted. I use a pair on my motorcycle. Great wind protection while still low profile and cool looking. Not too expensive, very well made. Interchangeable lenses also.

- Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts