Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you wearing? Baggies or lycra? Any particular brand you like, or don't like?

I use both baggies and lycra, depending on the ride. Short rides with a more casual hang out and socialize type goal I'll wear baggies. But for races or long rides, or if it's particularly hot out, I wear lycra. Lycra is more comfortable over the long haul.

I use Pearl Izumi Attack lycra shorts, and also have some of their baggies that have a removeable liner. I recently picked up a pair of Fox baggies as well, but they have a built in liner. The padding in the lycra is way better than either pair of baggies.

I also had a pair of Adidas baggies and they are aweful. They have no room in the...um...frontal area, if you get my drift. And they have velcro straps that seem to get caught on EVERYTHING. I threw them away.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I tried some cheap Nema shorts too and that fixed lining was awful. It basically hung down by my knees like a soiled diaper. Now I wear Sombrio Epik Highline shorts with bibs or other lycra shorts underneath. The Sombrios are great for me. Cut really thin and not so baggy that they get caught on my saddle or anything. You just reminded me I should buy another pair.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Mrsudan said:
What are you wearing? Baggies or lycra? Any particular brand you like, or don't like?

I use both baggies and lycra, depending on the ride. Short rides with a more casual hang out and socialize type goal I'll wear baggies. But for races or long rides, or if it's particularly hot out, I wear lycra. Lycra is more comfortable over the long haul.

I use Pearl Izumi Attack lycra shorts, and also have some of their baggies that have a removeable liner. I recently picked up a pair of Fox baggies as well, but they have a built in liner. The padding in the lycra is way better than either pair of baggies.

I also had a pair of Adidas baggies and they are aweful. They have no room in the...um...frontal area, if you get my drift. And they have velcro straps that seem to get caught on EVERYTHING. I threw them away.
Voler bibs, shorts and knickers. Basically all I use. Sometimes I will wear an Endura baggy (no liner) over them with suspenders, but not often.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.