Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my Seven frame is being built, I am researching and selecting all the pieces that will make it my bike. Saddles do not get a lot of forum discusion, perhaps because it is such a personal preference of comfort over performance. In any event, what do you guys like?

PS I remember one of you guys posted a pic of a cool looking natural colored leather saddle (maybe on a KM) a while back, but I cannot find it.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
"cool looking natural colored leather saddle"s are most likely of the Brooks variety.

You are correct that not much talk is done about saddles "because it is such a personal preference".

I've used a lot of saddles (at least it seems to me like I have). My personal pick right now is the new WTB Devo saddle. Its very light, the right width for me, and not too much padding. I find it very comfortable.

·
King Pin
1,247 Posts
I only use Brooks saddles, as does Momma. Lots of folks like the leather "hammock" effect, and some don't.....VERY much a personal preference.

I'm just home from a three hour fixie road ride on the Steamer, and my cut down Brooks B17 made my azz smile...almost. Kind of a sideways smile I reckon.....

I love 'em! They just get more and more comfortable over the years.

·
Registered
385 Posts
WTB Rocket V Stealth on my SS. Very comfy. I just tried a Selle Italia SLR on my fixie and it wanted to kill me. Swapped it out for a Selle San Marco Era Arrowhead and so far I am much more happy with it....only got a few rides on it though.

·
highly visible
3,284 Posts
WTB Rocket V Team is my saddle of choice currently ... I still have the Rocket V Race on 2 of my bikes, but I've decided it's a bit too soft and puts a little pressure on the boyz.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
GlowBoy said:
WTB Rocket V Team is my saddle of choice currently ... I still have the Rocket V Race on 2 of my bikes, but I've decided it's a bit too soft and puts a little pressure on the boyz.
I like that the Rocket V has nice long rails. I found that it was just a touch too narrow for me. You should try the Devo, it has less padding but is very comfy.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
melted11 said:
Anyone using this saddle?? - the leather covered fizik aliante?

I am considering this one (or the microtex covered version)...damn expensive, but people rave about this saddle....
Absolutely great except fragile cover. Still worth it. I think carbon rail version saves only 5 grams over titanium rails. Hard to imagine a more comfortable lightweight saddle. Best-looking if you care.

·
Registered
673 Posts
WTB Laser V gets my vote. I'm about 200# so a lot of saddles are uncomfortable for me. WTB makes killer saddles. I like Brooks a lot too, have one on my fixie road bike, if the nose of Brooks saddles weren't so hard I'd probably ride one on the trails as well.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Big'in

long hazy daze said:
WTB Laser V gets my vote. I'm about 200# so a lot of saddles are uncomfortable for me. WTB makes killer saddles. I like Brooks a lot too, have one on my fixie road bike, if the nose of Brooks saddles weren't so hard I'd probably ride one on the trails as well.
It is the WTB Power V for me. Heavy but feels great

Attachments

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
Wish I Were Riding said:
My personal pick right now is the new WTB Devo saddle. Its very light, the right width for me, and not too much padding. I find it very comfortable.
Madre and I wholeheartedly agree with you.

She's on the Devo.
I'm on the Deva.

They are the same in everyway, save that the Deva has 20g of extra gel padding.

Madre's carbon Devo is pretty light too at 190g.

I did 4.5hrs on the Deva last Saturday and never once went numb or hat butt-bone pain...I think I've found my Leadville saddle.

·
Bicyclist
2,849 Posts
Recently bought a WTB Pure V Stealth

I never thought I'd say this but the comfort of this thing on my particular butt makes my Brooks B-17, Avocet AMPD and Fizik Nisene HP Wingflex saddles very uncomfortable by comparison and they've all been real comfortable up to this point. It's a little wide though, roughly comparable to a Brooks B-17, so it's not for everyone.

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
Skinny ones. Right now I'm riding a WTB Shadow V SLT and it feels really good. I used to always ride Selle Italia Flites, but this one is a little more flexy, hence, comfy. Unfortunately, it is more squeaky as well, which is bugging me. With my thick and juicy thighs I've also worn off a lot of the color (which I somehow manage to do with all my saddles).

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
tl1 said:
I never thought I'd say this but the comfort of this thing on my particular butt makes my Brooks B-17, Avocet AMPD and Fizik Nisene HP Wingflex saddles very uncomfortable by comparison and they've all been real comfortable up to this point. It's a little wide though, roughly comparable to a Brooks B-17, so it's not for everyone.
The Pure V is downright comfy...

but all that padding was putting me to sleep...if you know what I mean....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.