Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a set of 26x2.35 MAGIC MARY's Evo DH, for a new wheelset. First time trying out this tire (always heard good things about Muddy Marys, which i have also yet to try)

Anyone running them? how do you like them? these feel very 'sticky' to the touch, i really cant wait to try these on all types of terrain. these remind me of MX tires. very knobby. (NICE!)

another thing, since these are a wire bead and HELLA LAYERED, are these a complete pain to get on a rim? i some times find certain single ply folding tires to be a pain in the ass... i hope i dont break a bunch of tire tools trying to fit these suckers :madman:

share your thoughts and exeriences pls.
-Skim

·
Slap happy crappiness
1,090 Posts
I've been on them a couple months now. Cornering traction is great, better than DHF's, in my opinion, which was my favorite tire. Braking traction if fine and they don't seem to wander or anything weird. No transitional vagueness when going from vertical to a good lean. Their 2.35 size is also slightly bigger than Maxxis' 2.4/2.5 labeled tires.
They're no harder than most other DH tires to get on a rim. I can mount most tires with just my thumbs.
My only complaint, they wear fast in the Trail Star compound... faster than Maxxis' softest compound.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for chiming in GNAR :) good info there. really looking forward to these tires! hopefully i can report back within a week.

Can anyone confirm the tires getting better after a few rides? few things i read about them were guys saying they didnt feel great until about the 3rd ride in... Same thing happen when i tried Maxxis Ardents (on my all-mntn).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts