Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a quick search on this topic and didn't come up with a lot. I'm looking for some good inexpensive gloves to use while I mountain bike on trails in wooded areas. What are some good gloves to get? Where is a good place to get them from?

·
utilikilted
156 Posts
Go to eBay and look up fox gloves. I'm wearing out my second pair of Bombers. They may be moto, but the application is no different. I only mountain bike, and really like these gloves. You will be able to plow through branches with no worries. Is $22 inexpensive? Only you can say.

·
utilikilted
156 Posts
Shuteye said:
Is $22 inexpensive? Only you can say.
Sorry, I retract the price statement. I didn't check out the Hong Kong shipping address. Doesn't change my take on the gloves, though, just wouldn't buy them from abroad. I was turned on to them by my LBS, the owner of which was a former motocross racer. If I remember right, payed $35 at the store. I bought my second pair from him also because he is a cool dude and deserves the business.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well $22 is very inexpensive to me. I was looking at some Fox gloves thinking those would be a good pair to get. I need to figure out what size my hands are though. I guess I need to go to a LBS to try some on to find out.

·
utilikilted
156 Posts
You can't go wrong with Fox. Don't know if other LBS commonly carry the Bomber (polycarbonate knuckle protectors, like wearing brass knuckles). They breathe well, aren't excessively padded, are comfortable and provide great protection. Though it gets really hot here in the Sierra foothills, it is a dry heat so I can't vouch for these gloves in humid conditions.

·
29 and Single
160 Posts
Check out Cycle Gear. They have brick and mortar stores all over and are on the web. www.cyclegear.com

I got my last pair of Fox Dirt Paw gloves there and they are great gloves. Only $20, too. They have a bunch of discounts on the previous season stuff, too.

Full Disclosure: I have NO affiliation with Cycle Gear. They just have what I want for cheap.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I was wanting gloves that have padding. I seem to have extra tingling in my hands due to the nerve thing and like my gloves with padding. Looking for full finger spandex backed padded. You can look for hours on sites for deals with gloves and never find the one you want with your size. So, have fun looking, I still am.

you dont need to go to lbs for glove sizing. You just measure the widest part of your hand, around knuckle area, all way around. Then most company tell you size glove to match that.

·
DynoDon
1,666 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the helpful tips guys. I found some Fox gloves for a pretty good price. Thinking I'm going to get those. They are on a site called Blue Sky Cycling, anyone order from this place before?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Snagged7 said:
Thanks for all the helpful tips guys. I found some Fox gloves for a pretty good price. Thinking I'm going to get those. They are on a site called Blue Sky Cycling, anyone order from this place before?
I have. Good prices and fast shipping. No complaints!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I dont know how you guys tear through gloves in a season...
Ive got 2 pairs, one my sister bought for me for xmas that are a pair of leather football gloves with this rubbery material that stick to my grips, no complaints with those. And a pair of my Dad's old diving gloves. I have no idea what material these are, but theyre reinforced in the palm area and ive crashed multipule times on them and they dont seem to even blink. Only problem? Since they were ment for underwater use, they REEK with my sweat....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MAD40er said:
I have. Good prices and fast shipping. No complaints!
Good to hear. I odered some Fox Sidewinders from them.

Thanks for all the help guys. I tried out some Craftsman gloves that I use to work on my car but they didn't seem to do the trick padding wise. Hopefully the Fox Sidewinders will be better.

·
Master of Disaster
980 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Beware of the Fox bomber gloves, they must fit perfectly or else the knuckle guard will wear through the inner lining and into your knuckles.

If they fit you well, they are good gloves... I bought a pair at my LBS and had to return them because I could tell if I used them for any longer than 15min rides they were going to eat into my knuckles.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sidewinders are great gloves, unfortunately after having them for ooooh two weeks I left them on the roof after a ride. I have the dirtpaws now. Bought them at the local cycle gear store for 21 bucks. The dirtpaws are good, but the sidewinders are better.

·
Fisher Fan
112 Posts
I just bought a pair of Fox Reflex Gel, full-fingered. The insides were kinda rough and have to take some getting used too though, but overall, they are pretty comfy and breathable. The snot wipe is awesome, and the padding really takes the soreness out of my paims.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Used different Fox gloves for years, there were ok, did not last long but for the price i had no complains.
got a pair of Endura few month ago and its by far better gloves, quality made, no signs of age as yet and more then 20 washes and plenty of riding, very comfortable (but that is very personal thing anyweay).
Chain Reaction have good price on them as well as huge selection of other gloves.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.