Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Elitest thrill junkie
41,642 Posts
I have a set of a pair of a set of answer protaper carbons 780s too. I got the low-rise version because it's on a 29er with set of a pair of 160mm travel rockshox pikes forks. This helps to keep the front end reasonable. As front end height goes up due to more travel or a bigger wheel-size, lower-rise bars tend to work out better. On shorter travel bikes or for people with really long legs, it can be helpful to have a little more rise. As far as backsweep, usually a bit more backsweep is more comfortable for most people.

· Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are you going to put spacers under the new bar to make up for the 15mm difference?

i like my handlebar about even or a little above my seat level when my seat is fully extended.
I hadn't planned on that as I already have a few spacers under the stem now. I figured out I would try without first and then add.

· Registered
8,269 Posts
I just bought a pair of answer pro taper carbons at 780mm 4 x 8 geometry, 20 mm rise.

For reference I currently ride Sunline 745's with 35mm rise which I believe are 5 x 9 geometry.

How are the differences going to translate to riding?
Guess you'll find out tomorrow! STRAVAAAHHH!

Really though:
Lower rise will put more weight over the front.
Wider bars with no change in stem length will put more weight over the front.

For a swoopy/flowing/climbing trail like pace been, probly be all good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.