Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hill, Gee, Minaar

Isn't this the course the did the pre-race on that week or two before the official circuit started. If so, Hill won by something in the neighborhood of 5 seconds. If its steep and technical, it definitely favors the repeating champ.

·
Registered
706 Posts
tacubaya said:
Wet + Technical = Hill's territory.
I thought that too. Then Gee won in the wet and Minaar killed it in the tech. :confused:

I'm not saying Hill's not at least as good as he was last year. He just has a lot more competition this year. There's a couple guys that REALLY want it and have just as much skill as Hill does. After watching the practice vid I agree though. If there's any course Hill can win on it's this one. Lots of sneaky and/or high lines. I just think last season lit a fire under a couple guys' asses.

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Yeah but Hill has the supreme motivation: keep the World Champion title. He's got the game dialed up.

Minnaar could also present some threat, but Barel looks extremely motivated and Steve Peat is doing great in practice runs.

Gee must be all worried up, Dan broke is collarbone so he might be distracted :p

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.