Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
TranceX Rider
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suppliant MTB'er here seeking guidance about the compatibility of Tune Concorde MTB-Thomson seatpost. Any real-world XP using that combo without any issues at all. If you could attest by, perhaps, posting some images here. Then that would be highly appreciated.

Actually, Nino has already e-mailed some images but it's a Tune Concorde-New Ultimate combo. I know the Ultimate's clamping mechanism is a bit different from Thomson. What I'm avoiding is the probability: chamfer the edges on Thomson clamps. Cuz once done I think I'd have problems retrofitting my SLRs...

I'm knocking at your hearts especially to the WW community here. :D

Be looking forward...

Thank you. And more power, guys!

Ride insp¹®ed! :thumbsup:

PS> Thank you again, Nino! For those visuals, they may come in handy in the not so distant future! :thumbsup:

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
Onie said:
Suppliant MTB'er here seeking guidance about the compatibility of Tune Concorde MTB-Thomson seatpost. Any real-world XP using that combo without any issues at all. If you could attest by, perhaps, posting some images here. Then that would be highly appreciated.

Actually, Nino has already e-mailed some images but it's a Tune Concorde-New Ultimate combo. I know the Ultimate's clamping mechanism is a bit different from Thomson. What I'm avoiding is the probability: chamfer the edges on Thomson clamps. Cuz once done I think I'd have problems retrofitting my SLRs...

I'm knocking at your hearts especially to the WW community here. :D

Be looking forward...

Thank you. And more power, guys!

Ride insp¹®ed! :thumbsup:

PS> Thank you again, Nino! For those visuals, they may come in handy in the not so distant future! :thumbsup:
Oh man, the Concorde/Thompson combo would look really awfull IMO. The prerequisite for the Concorde is some kinda boutique post like an AX-Lightness/Extralite/New Ultimate, etc., etc. But, if you must, if the saddle won't work with the Thompson you can always get a set of new rail clamps for the post.

·
TranceX Rider
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oo0h, thanks much. I know but I won't be a lot comfortable riding such posts with those kind of clamps, IMHO. I'm just trying to seek the happy median between light-weight & performance. Well, back to the old drawing board for me. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.