Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see your foldie pics. Travelling, during commute, leisurely sunday ride, working on it , whatever just folding bike related.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Thor might recognise this one...

Izzy on Dahon in snow.JPG.jpg

·
Bike for the heck of it!
112 Posts
Origami Wasp,...

Currently it's awaiting the arrival of a 110bcd 60t chainring for a speed boost/upgrade,...:thumbsup:

20180723_124735.jpg

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Anyone got a Dahon Allegro?

That's a bike I'd like to see reintroduced - but with bigger tyres.

(Any chance of that, Thor?)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I rode one of these at the Outdoor Demo in Las Vegas last year and really enjoyed it. It really made the hills disappear. My current commuter bike is a Tern Verge S11i. The Vektron would probably be my choice to replace it if I were going electric. Since I'm in Chicago and it's relatively flat, that's a direction I probably won't be going in just now. There are a few places I have to carry the bike, and the Verge (at about 30 pounds) is heavy enough.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
My very ordinary Dahon

A wee concoction I knocked up one idle afternoon. Frabjous fun. :)

Reactions: tds101

·
Cycologist
7,878 Posts

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
A sort of folding "penny-farthing". :)
Love the "back rest"!
Steve
It came about after a discussion in the local bike shop about what was the most "niche" bike.

I thought about the various niche categories as I rode home, singlespeed, fixed wheel, recumbent, folding, odd wheel sizes, 69ers, vintage replicas etc, and the proverbial light bulb above the head lit up - "I can do that".

It was actually quite simple, I only had to fabricate one part, and that was simply cutting 2 tubes to length and drilling a few holes. Everything else was bodged to fit.

So at least locally, I had the most "niche" bike - a recumbent fixed wheel folding ordinary 36/20er. :)

If you have a spare Dahon frame and fancy replicating it, click through the pics and you'll see how dead simple it was to build.

I might add, it's not the best handling of frankenbikes, but no one gets off it without a big grin.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts