1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ebike and Ebike?
Ebike and Road/Gravel
Ebike and Mtb?

Let's see the two bikes your riding the most right now. How do they fit your riding lifestyle? How do they complement each other?

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Both bases covered here

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

Conversions obviously and although they can overlap on road/light single track going to the extreme in either case will decide which to ride.

A nice feature is that the batteries I use are swappable to either format.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Main ride is a Trek Farley Ex 8. Absolutely love it! So versatile between 27.5 x 3.8" and/or 29 x 3.0". I have same cassette and brake rotors between the wheel sets so swapping is super easy.

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Tire Wheel

New addition to the overall stable. 2019 Bulls Monster E-FS. Bought it so son and wife can keep up, but is also my quick and dirty ride bike. If I do trailwork then ride it is almost a given I'll grab the e-bike as of late:

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Spoke Rim

·
Registered
167 Posts
Regular mountain bike: 2018 Cannondale Scalpel SI:
Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Tire Wheel

My e-mountain bike: 2017 Haibike Full Nine 6.5:
Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle frame

My road bike: 2015 Trek Emonda SLR 8:
Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle frame

My dogs get their own e-bike (also great for shopping):
Tire Mode of transport Rim Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle accessory

And a general bike (older Giant Sedona) for guests and when I want to go somewhere and not worry about it getting stolen while parked:
Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle fork Bicycle accessory

·
Registered
167 Posts
They look like happy guys! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

How's the handling with the big guy up front?
Hope he's well behaved when you're moving.
Handling is great! Handling is only affected when the basket is connected to the handlebar and/or the front wheels. But when it's connected to the frame (doesn't turn with the wheels), it doesn't affect handling much. It's quite stable.

After a couple of weeks of training, they learned to stay and not jump out. But I still hold their leash in one hand so I can give them a quick yank when they fixate on another dog or skateboarder.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Handling is great! Handling is only affected when the basket is connected to the handlebar and/or the front wheels. But when it's connected to the frame (doesn't turn with the wheels), it doesn't affect handling much. It's quite stable.

After a couple of weeks of training, they learned to stay and not jump out. But I still hold their leash in one hand so I can give them a quick yank when they fixate on another dog or skateboarder.
Venice beach is the ultimate testing grounds for distraction... :insert tree emoji:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.