Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

4921 - 4926 of 4926 Posts

·
Community Manager at Trek
414 Posts
Cool, but would you recommend them to a big rider? I'm 6'8" and weigh 245lbs. I always destroy rear wheels. I've had the rear relaced once already after popping spokes a couple different times last fall. No big jumps or drops. Just some chunky trail riding.
Lifetime warranty on the Line Pro 40s, but I think they would be fine at your weight. Carbon wheels don't usually have a weight limit, but I'm at 200# and have no trouble riding through the chunk.

What wheels are you riding on now?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Stock wheels, Duroc 50's with Bontrager rapid drive 54 hubs (I added the 3 pawls for 108 poe) and now DT Competition spokes. New spokes have been holding up so far, but still want a lighter and stiffer wheelset.

·
414 Posts
Stock wheels, Duroc 50's with Bontrager rapid drive 54 hubs (I added the 3 pawls for 108 poe) and now DT Competition spokes. New spokes have been holding up so far, but still want a lighter and stiffer wheelset.
Ah, yea the Duroc 50 wheels are not the best wheels but are a great value wheel. Stock spokes were nothing to brag about.

The Line Pro 40 wheels would be a 28 spoke count with DT Swiss Aerolite 14/17G bladed spokes and Alpina alloy locking nipples - a strong combination!

·
Registered
393 Posts
20210223_162647.jpg

Got my new wheels today. Went with the Line Pro 40's. Initial impressions are very good. Light and stiff. Notice a huge difference in stiffness and steering precision when cornering hard on the street. Won't get on the trail any time soon though. Warm temps and melting snow so gonna be a couple weeks until I get a real ride in on them.

·
414 Posts
View attachment 1917886

Got my new wheels today. Went with the Line Pro 40's. Initial impressions are very good. Light and stiff. Notice a huge difference in stiffness and steering precision when cornering hard on the street. Won't get on the trail any time soon though. Warm temps and melting snow so gonna be a couple weeks until I get a real ride in on them.
Nice! I found the stiffness noticeable on the trail, you may too!

4921 - 4926 of 4926 Posts