Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in particular, i'm interested in different rise bars on a hardtail i'm building up. bars with rise always seemed out of place to me on a hardtail, but seeing their popularity it may just be me. to that end, i'd love to see different setups with both flat and riser bars.
thanks.

·
I like pie.
585 Posts
Steel HTs are great; here is mine. With zero degree risers. :) Old school, but I ride it as much as my Superlight.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'll play

Sorry about the terrible pic. Windsor cliff 4900. Sunline bars, ODI rogues, and some cheapo, better than stock pedals. She's not much, but I love her. Hopefully I'll be upgrading soon, if not, oh well.:thumbsup:

·
psycho cyclo addict
3,129 Posts
Both of my hard tails and my FS bike all have low rise bars. The Rig came with flats which I swapped out soon afterward due to wrist pain issues.

Reactions: marpilli

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good stuff. it's kind of reaffirmed my initial reaction. i think i'll stick to flat or low rise on the ht.

thanks guys.

·
Registered
473 Posts
good stuff. it's kind of reaffirmed my initial reaction. i think i'll stick to flat or low rise on the ht.

thanks guys.
I understand you're going for a certain look but you should ultimately use bars that fit you best and make the ride the most comfortable/enjoyable. I know flat bars make a bike look racy and fast but if they are killing your back, then your will neither be racy nor fast.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i agree. but i can achieve the same position spatially with spacers and stem angle and not necessarily with bar rise. i was just trying to see what i was missing with the riser bars

·
Registered
473 Posts
i agree. but i can achieve the same position spatially with spacers and stem angle and not necessarily with bar rise. i was just trying to see what i was missing with the riser bars
If that be the case, godspeed - but I highly recommend finding a flat bar with proper sweep for you. I have seen and had some flat bars with almost zero degrees of sweep and they are brutal on the wrists for long rides as no sweep creates a very unnatural position for many riders.

·
Former C-Dale addict
142 Posts
Because risers are comfy and don't require me to have 10" of uncut steer tube to get a good fit.

Attachments

·
Titanium junkie
1,429 Posts
Low rise, tried flat after I got back on a bike,
like I used to use, back didn't like flat bars.
Went with low rise, back is good.:D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 90 Posts