Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

461 - 480 of 517 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Fantastic, where did you dig this up from??

The only thing letting the bike down IMO was the forks with their 1" of travel. I still have them with working bumpers but they never compressed more than that which is why I'm putting shivers on.

·
Dirt Rag Extraordinaire
634 Posts
Fantastic, where did you dig this up from??
A site I'm sure you're familiar with... Retrobike | Retro, Vintage and Classic Mountain, Road and BMX bikes

The only thing letting the bike down IMO was the forks with their 1" of travel. I still have them with working bumpers but they never compressed more than that which is why I'm putting shivers on.
I'd forget the retro build, it'd be much more interesting to see how such a classic frame performs given the benefit of modern components.

·
Registered
187 Posts
New frame color for the weasel, more pics to follow when I get the frame back together. It's a large flake base coat with a red candy over the top. Lights up like crazy in the sun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the luck to get hold off a 'NewOldStock' Fly '09, which I built up with some current parts like an SRAM X01, Hope V4 with vented Discs, Spark Spike Evo 35 rims and a Thomson Elite Dropper. Weight of the complete bike is 14.2 kg = 31.5 lbs.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Awesome

I had the luck to get hold off a 'NewOldStock' Fly '09, which I built up with some current parts like an SRAM X01, Hope V4 with vented Discs, Spark Spike Evo 35 rims and a Thomson Elite Dropper. Weight of the complete bike is 14.2 kg = 31.5 lbs.

Nice set up and great looking ride...like the blk & blue combo...bet it's a blast to ride...Foes/Curnutt rocks!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm still looking for an LTS-16 frame in silver. Anyone have one that they want to part with?

·
Registered
187 Posts
A bit of a slow mover this one, a baby along the way means a 'slight' shift in priorities and time :)

This is how it looks at the minute...

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a set of hope x2s and a flite Ti to go on there by the end of the year.

461 - 480 of 517 Posts