Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
81 - 100 of 617 Posts
Hey Ive got one of those hubs. Ultralight and pretty rare. Its on a 560gram front wheel. Im a bit scared to use it. Mine is the updated version with the spacers over the axle. They are from around 95-96. If anyone is interested Id sell the wheel for cheap.

floibex,
those are the bad-aßest brakes i have ever seen in my life.
i know this is a very long shot indeed...but any chance you might know anyone else with a set of those brakes? i am dying to try one out, and would be willing to trade stuff, too.
in the thoroughly unlikely case you have the slightest interest in either cash or a swap, email me at stFFim@ufl.edu. (remove the caps)

Yes indeed, that just jumped to the number one spot in my "where the hell was I when that came out???" list.

That lever and the machine tech brakes on ebay at the moment are enough to make me want to go back to riding cantis, if purely for aesthetics.

uphiller said:
floibex,
those are the bad-aßest brakes i have ever seen in my life.
i know this is a very long shot indeed...but any chance you might know anyone else with a set of those brakes? i am dying to try one out, and would be willing to trade stuff, too.
in the thoroughly unlikely case you have the slightest interest in either cash or a swap, email me at stFFim@ufl.edu. (remove the caps)
:D happy you, they are for sale.

I'll forward this post to a friend, he will contact you..

ciao
flo

... to stay a little bit sleepless :D

Attachments

uphiller, don't do this!
and if you do it, don't tell it to me :D I will feel guilty 'till the end of my days :(

maybe we should organize a "battle for brakes" at the us/canadian border, in the middle of lake superior when the ice had gone, on singelspeed driven watercrafts, gearing 0,5:2 ...

ciao
flo

got some Machine tech QR's, I now have, NOS Qr's, NOS Hubs front and rear, Brake levers, 2 sets of Canti's and 5 cable hangers.

I agree with D8, Machine Tech I would (and do) collect not even to put on a bike.

Has anybody got any McMahon stuff to show?

someone else can go for the westpines...

my offer was rejected and since the seller wants more than the wholesale was on the things brand new a decade ago (I was a westpine dealer), I'm not interested in 'em.

Hershey Racing

SkullCrack said:
Some sweet machining on these...
I have had a set of these Hershey cranks on one of my bikes for about 10 years, they have taken a lot of abuse and still look good.
Also have various brakes and hubs on some of my bikes too. The guy that owned Hershey, Greg Gutierrez, was a friend from the LBS in So Cal whan I lived there. His background included bikes and tool-making, a good combination for someone in the CNC chi-chi business. He also did a lot of design and manufacturing work for other bike and component companies.

rick

Hey "TheBronze", I have two pair of Caramba Double Barrels if you are serious...

I have a pair of red ones w/ silver spider and a blue pair with green spider (the red ones are only good for single ring, though, as the spider is off by a little bit - the blue and green ones are good for all three rings). Let me know if you are really interested in a pair, you can email me directly through here (or anyone else that has to have a pair!). I'd be interested in trades as well.

By the way, I'm an old-schooler in terms of being on this board - I was Big Daddy from way back in '99, but for some reason I cannot sign on anymore (new-fangled forums must've screwed things up for me!).

81 - 100 of 617 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.