Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
61 - 80 of 617 Posts

·
Tonight we ride.
769 Posts
BobKreyole said:
For your enjoyment.
I can remember wanting that frame so badly in '97. I met some guy out in CO riding one who raved about the ride quality.

One comes up on ebay every now and then...there was a brand new one last year. One day I'll pick one up.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Check out the fork in the center.

Cool, it would be an Amp Research F3 carbon I believe. I am riding an aluminum legged version on a Rock Lobbster single speed at the moment. Good fork. It worked out great for me as a slight compromise between suspension and rigid.

Great use of the gun rack by the way.

·
it's hot inside
36 Posts
Bullseye cranks...

Going strong since '87, even survived multiple heat/cool cycles to free a siezed pedal spindle.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Downhillers here to represent . . .

Shimano Airlines DH Shifting System . . . . because there aren't air bottles big enough for a 25 mile xc ride!

Can't fault Shimano for lack of creativity . . . they bravely went where no component maker had gone before on this one . . . and probably never will again!

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
XC guys are not to be out done on trick retro-shifting . . .

Ever seen a set of these before? The shifter is an old Sachs twist shifter, but attached to these are the real beauty's:

"SAFE Products" manufactured Hydraulic Shifter Cables

Turn any shifter line into a hydraulic shift line. All that is needed is a short short run of cable on the shifter and derailer at each end which connects to the hydraulic cylinders. Very trick! When they weren't leaking fluid, they ran great, especially in the mud. They felt ultra smooth when working properly. At 200 bucks a line in the early 90's they were definately pricey way to click a derailer!

Attachments

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
Thats really cool. They ahve something like that on the machinist website. Except I think they use the rapid fire type shifter.

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,734 Posts
How reasonable? $50?

BobKreyole said:
That fork can be had at a reasonable price if anyone is interested.
If so I'd be interested.

I picked up 2 of them for $100 when they were discontinued; one broke and I got rid of the other when I changed frames. But they were great forks.

·
Registered
304 Posts
hehe.. SAFE rules. I still have the MBA issue where they review 'em.

Don't know how rare they are, but I have a set of the Syncros forged aluminum cranks. I'll just post a pic of my XC bike.. 1997 IF Deluxe, first year they went to 853. The aforementioned cranks, a Nuke Proof bombshell front hub, Avid Arch Supremes, white bro's Ti bar.. what I think is a pretty rare selle san marco seat.. I also have a Girvin Cross-Link Elite, one of the good ones with the Noleen coil-over. That's about it, I think. Oh yeah, also have one of the original Syncros hinged stems, but the hinge on the face is busted..

·
Registered
104 Posts
TWP Levers

These are a set of my TWP levers for Magura rim brakes.
You can also see a Precision Billet clamp that you could use on the original XTR shifters. The original XTR shifter/ brake combo was screwed together. If you went to another brake lever (like Magura's) you could still use you shifters. Of couse Shimano pop-riveted them together ofter that so they could not be separated.

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
LQQK said:
These are a set of my TWP levers for Magura rim brakes.
You can also see a Precision Billet clamp that you could use on the original XTR shifters. The original XTR shifter/ brake combo was screwed together. If you went to another brake lever (like Magura's) you could still use you shifters. Of couse Shimano pop-riveted them together ofter that so they could not be separated.
Very cool levers LQQk!

Always wanted to own a pair of those. I had the first magura version back in 94 right after Tomac started riding them. Use to get very strange looks riding them. Kind like the look you got riding discs in 95 or so - that great double take that was priceless.

Those TWP's a really nice! hope to have a set some day. I think one or two other companies also made a magura replacement lever - maybe kooka? can't remember.

-mtnwing

·
Registered
506 Posts
This old stuff is awesome! I would love to own some of these old parts that are tougher than a lot of today's parts!

61 - 80 of 617 Posts