Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
141 - 160 of 1248 Posts

·
Busted!!!
472 Posts
happyriding said:
This is what SC customer service told me:

So while there may be less demand for sizes S and XL, there don't appear to be any available anywhere. It sure seems like a strange way to roll out a new product. Personally, I won't wait sit around waiting while SC raises their frame prices 10-15% and Shimano raises their component prices 100%. I'll spend my money elsewhere.

Ok, thanks. My local dealer told me September for size XL.
I never said they were readily available at a dealer. You order from your dealer and then you get it in the order SC has them built in. XLs are in lesser demand = lower wait time. I know my shop has X number of #$% size on order already, so if some lucky person is standing in the shop when they come in, they could buy it. When that is who knows for sure.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I ordered beginning of March, and was originally told end of May, then end of June, but now my LBS told me mid May. But until I see the bike at the shop, I am still suspicious about the price increase effecting me.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm in the same situation Loll, I put in my original order back in the end of february realized I ordered a medium instead a large, changed to a large in beginning of march, and was told that it did not effect my delivery date. If I can remember correctly, I think what is also holding up some frames is if you ordered an anodized vs powder coat frame, because from what I'm told, is that all of SC's powder coat frames are done here, where as the anodized are done where they're manufactured. But, if anyone happens to see a lg white frame floating around, tell it to turn around and come my direction!:madman:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Hey Jazzboy or anyone else who has the new LT2. Can you post some wieghts for the bike built out? And what components you have. Just curious to see what we are talking here.

thanks

·
MOBtown
120 Posts
* Frame Size & Color:medium ano black w/rp 23
* Frame weight: 6.4 lbs
* Fork:454 dual air
* Brakes:shimano xt 775 6in f&r
* Cranks:shimano 760 36t w/gamut p30 w/o bottom roller
* Front Derailleur:no
* Rear Derailleur:sram x9 med
* Shifter:x9
* Pedals:new xt
* Stem:90x10 thomson x4
* Handlebar:easton monkey lite 31.8 hi rise
* Seatpost:thomson masterpiece
* Saddle:wtb deva
* Bottom Bracket:xt
* Cassette:sram xo 34t
* Chain:990
* Headset:fsa orbit extreme pro
* Grips: odi lock
* Front Tire:2.2 karma
* Wheelset:easton havoc wheelset
* Rear Tire:2.1 SB8
* Tubes:specialized xc
* Weight: 27.5 lbs

·
emtb.pl
879 Posts
sorad said:
LG Skidmark X9AM Kit. Picked it up today. Ordered in Feb. Love it
beautiful!!!
sorad, you really need to try the 650B wheel in this 36 fox - you'd love it
tell me something how the 36 matches the lt2 geo, how does it feel and what mode do you ride it in and when - my setup will be same but with 15mm more ac cause of the 650B
and what bars are you running?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Sorad great looking bike. But i thought the skidmark only came as a frame..not one of the kits. At least when I ordered my bike that is what I was told. I ordered the SPX XC kit..maybe with X9AM kit it does.

Do you have a weight on the bike?

And Palmej1...that is an amazingly light build. I figured for sure the bike would be 30lbs. Nice!

·
emtb.pl
879 Posts
Jazzboy and sorad, could you guys post a pic of how the 2.35Nevegal fits in the lower link area? How much space there is. i am considering going with the 650b in the rear also and was wondering if it'd fit.
tia

·
You Guys Riding?
641 Posts
sorad said:
LG Skidmark X9AM Kit. Picked it up today. Ordered in Feb. Love it
Would it be too much to ask to take a picture of yourself taking a five foot drop to flat on that thing? I think we'd all like to see if the Skidmark truly lives up to its name :D

·
MEDBLKANOSCBLT2RP23
283 Posts
Keep those pics and build ideas coming!

I just pulled the trigger on a med black ano today. Beat myself up on the non USA issue
but this will be the last thing I buy not made in the USA. Isn't there a special website that sells only Made in the USA things or are we just consumers now?
I shall consume BLT2.

Guess I can expect delivery in the fall!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I really like the fact that they have removed all of the swoopy graphics from the frame on the LT2.

Is anyone with an LT 1 going to switch over? I'm sure it's better but is it so much better as to justify building a whole new bike?

·
Registered
751 Posts
BLT Fan said:
Is anyone with an LT 1 going to switch over? I'm sure it's better but is it so much better as to justify building a whole new bike?
As a 02 Heckler owner, I went through the same decision last year when the new Heckler came out.

My Heckler wasn't as shiny, wasn't as curvy, and didn't have 150mm of rear travel. But it was nearly the exact same bike, with exception of styling, the increase of about 15mm travel (which is basically nothing), and lifetime bearings (never an issue for me). I decided to stay with my Heckler since the new one just wasn't a big difference and there was no reason for me to spend that kind of money. I think a lot of LT1 owners are thinking the same thing. There's always people who get new bikes every other year and if they were happy with LT1 I'm sure the LT2 is going to be in their stable, too.

·
Registered
322 Posts
BLT Fan said:
I really like the fact that they have removed all of the swoopy graphics from the frame on the LT2.

I got my BLT 1 last year and am loving it, it would be nice to have the BLT 2, but I l feel the BLT 1 is more of a burly XC bike, where as the BLT 2 lends itself more towards trail/all mountain.

Plus, there is not enough of a difference to justify me spending more cash when I have a perfectly amazing bike.

·
Busted!!!
472 Posts
kite85 said:
Hi,
What is the size and model for the front Shimano XTR derailleur ?
Thanks

Shimano FD-M970 XTR Front Derailleur
  • Wide link pivot design for increased durability and performance with repositioned limit screws for easier access
  • Convertible between top pull and bottom pull routing applications
  • Uni-band version fits 34.9/31.8/28.6mm seat-tubes with included shims for 63-66 or 66-69 degree chainstay/seat-tube angles (most common)
  • Designed for 50.0mm chainline applications

This is what we use on our Santa Cruz bikes. Its a Top Swing/Bottom Clamp 34.9mm Derailleur

141 - 160 of 1248 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.