fork suntour epicon tad- 230$
cables- 30 $
Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel rim
Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Mode of transport Bicycle part Spoke
Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle frame Bicycle part

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts

might be a hair north of 2k with eggbeaters, easton havoc stem, sunline v1 bars (not pictured), gamut guard (not pictured), reverb (not pictured), and panaracer rampages.

·
The White Jeff W
5,707 Posts
I have about $1750 in my Canfield Yelli Screamy 29er and that includes shipping

Frame XL Yelli $450 (demo)
Fork Marz 44 Micro TI - $250 used-ebay
Wheels- Stans Flows on Hope hubs $500 new
BB7 brakes w/levers & cables - $120 new
Cranks - Truvative Stylo ss - $85 from Transition bikes new
Headset - $60 new
X7 shifter/rear derailleur - $75 new
Shimano XT cassette - $40 new
Tires - Spec Purgatory 2.4 $100 new
Bars Post Stem Saddle - $75 used/new

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
b-kul said:

might be a hair north of 2k with eggbeaters, easton havoc stem, sunline v1 bars (not pictured), gamut guard (not pictured), reverb (not pictured), and panaracer rampages.
That thing is sweet not bad for the money :thumbsup:

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
jpeters said:
b-kul how is that shock could I get one for my bmc?
its a fox dhx air 4. not a bad shock, but a ***** to set up. im sure you could get one to fit your bike but personally i wouldnt bother. what do you have on there now, a fox float rp23?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have not paid more than $2200 for a bike in 6 years:thumbsup:

Bullit was built from frame up for $1880
Cannondale from frame up for $2150 with Lefty Carbon upgrade.

Attachments

·
T.W.O
1,730 Posts
Sweet ride B-kul I thought you died this weekend because I didn't see you posting. I ordered those rampages and the rest of my build kit so hopefully I can start taking pictures of the beauty. The funny part? Under $1000 build for some pretty sweet stuff!

You don't have to spend over $2000 really on a bike in the AM section or at least that is my view. Because I always end up beating the piss out of it and have to replace it anyways.

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
pfox90 said:
Sweet ride B-kul I thought you died this weekend because I didn't see you posting. I ordered those rampages and the rest of my build kit so hopefully I can start taking pictures of the beauty. The funny part? Under $1000 build for some pretty sweet stuff!

You don't have to spend over $2000 really on a bike in the AM section or at least that is my view. Because I always end up beating the piss out of it and have to replace it anyways.
hahaha not dead i just broke my back skiing.

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
pfox90 said:
Holy cow you broke your back? You mine as well die thats pretty gnarly.
yeah. i was picking fights with trees. its not so bad though, facture of the t9 vertebre, doc says 4-6 weeks to fully heal but in the mean time i can do whatever i feel like im capable of doing. so i layed pretty low this week and weekend, will start pt on wednesday, and hopefully xc ski on saturday. and if that goes well hopefully i can get in some light park days (just rails, no big jumps) sunday and monday. we'll see but im pretty optimistic :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
b-kul said:
yeah. i was picking fights with trees. its not so bad though, facture of the t9 vertebre, doc says 4-6 weeks to fully heal but in the mean time i can do whatever i feel like im capable of doing. so i layed pretty low this week and weekend, will start pt on wednesday, and hopefully xc ski on saturday. and if that goes well hopefully i can get in some light park days (just rails, no big jumps) sunday and monday. we'll see but im pretty optimistic :thumbsup:
Those trees don't move you know. How is it you managed to run into them with that much speed? :p

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
BaeckerX1 said:
Those trees don't move you know. How is it you managed to run into them with that much speed? :p
it had just snowed but it was pretty heavy and already chopped powder, maybe 6'' (hey, thats a pow day for us ice coasters :) ). anyways i was humming along pretty good through the woods when i caught my edge on a stump or something and that threw me. i knew i was headed right into a group of trees so i tucked figuring better my back than my head.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Got a 2009 Cannondale Rize 4 on closeout for $1600. 140mm Fox Float RL fork, Float RP2 rear, SLX/XT deraillers/shifters. It does the trick...up and down the mountain, in rocks, on dirt, over drops, etc. I just recently added XT pedals and a tubeless XTR front/XT rear wheel which improves the ride even more. So I've got about $2k in the bike so far.

It came with Maxxis Ridgeline tires which is pretty unacceptable for any full suspension bike, much less a 5" travel bike. The Weirwolf up front and a Motoraptor out back is serving me well for the time being.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts