Cranks - Truvative Stylo ss - $85 from Transition bikes new
Headset - $60 new
X7 shifter/rear derailleur - $75 new
Shimano XT cassette - $40 new
Tires - Spec Purgatory 2.4 $100 new
Bars Post Stem Saddle - $75 used/new

· T.W.O
1,731 Posts
Sweet ride B-kul I thought you died this weekend because I didn't see you posting. I ordered those rampages and the rest of my build kit so hopefully I can start taking pictures of the beauty. The funny part? Under $1000 build for some pretty sweet stuff!

You don't have to spend over $2000 really on a bike in the AM section or at least that is my view. Because I always end up beating the piss out of it and have to replace it anyways.

· meow meow
10,564 Posts
pfox90 said:
Sweet ride B-kul I thought you died this weekend because I didn't see you posting. I ordered those rampages and the rest of my build kit so hopefully I can start taking pictures of the beauty. The funny part? Under $1000 build for some pretty sweet stuff!

You don't have to spend over $2000 really on a bike in the AM section or at least that is my view. Because I always end up beating the piss out of it and have to replace it anyways.
hahaha not dead i just broke my back skiing.

· meow meow
10,564 Posts
pfox90 said:
Holy cow you broke your back? You mine as well die thats pretty gnarly.
yeah. i was picking fights with trees. its not so bad though, facture of the t9 vertebre, doc says 4-6 weeks to fully heal but in the mean time i can do whatever i feel like im capable of doing. so i layed pretty low this week and weekend, will start pt on wednesday, and hopefully xc ski on saturday. and if that goes well hopefully i can get in some light park days (just rails, no big jumps) sunday and monday. we'll see but im pretty optimistic :thumbsup:

· Registered
2,267 Posts
b-kul said:
yeah. i was picking fights with trees. its not so bad though, facture of the t9 vertebre, doc says 4-6 weeks to fully heal but in the mean time i can do whatever i feel like im capable of doing. so i layed pretty low this week and weekend, will start pt on wednesday, and hopefully xc ski on saturday. and if that goes well hopefully i can get in some light park days (just rails, no big jumps) sunday and monday. we'll see but im pretty optimistic :thumbsup:
Those trees don't move you know. How is it you managed to run into them with that much speed? :p

· meow meow
10,564 Posts
BaeckerX1 said:
Those trees don't move you know. How is it you managed to run into them with that much speed? :p
it had just snowed but it was pretty heavy and already chopped powder, maybe 6'' (hey, thats a pow day for us ice coasters :) ). anyways i was humming along pretty good through the woods when i caught my edge on a stump or something and that threw me. i knew i was headed right into a group of trees so i tucked figuring better my back than my head.

· Registered
2,965 Posts
Got a 2009 Cannondale Rize 4 on closeout for $1600. 140mm Fox Float RL fork, Float RP2 rear, SLX/XT deraillers/shifters. It does the trick...up and down the mountain, in rocks, on dirt, over drops, etc. I just recently added XT pedals and a tubeless XTR front/XT rear wheel which improves the ride even more. So I've got about $2k in the bike so far.

It came with Maxxis Ridgeline tires which is pretty unacceptable for any full suspension bike, much less a 5" travel bike. The Weirwolf up front and a Motoraptor out back is serving me well for the time being.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.