Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everybody can't afford sandblasting and fancy pro paint jobs, so lets see some rattle can.

What kind of paint, primer and prep did you use?

Here' s my offering of flat black hammerite with auto primer and truck bed liner rear triangle.

I couldn't get the frame apart so I left the guts the original trans red. Spent some time sanding and masking, some spots were bare aluminum, other's I just roughed up the orig paint.

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Spoke Bicycle part

Flat black hammerite is durable, but never comes clean, ever.

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
I once had the idea of "rhyno-lining" a bike, but it was one of those ideas that my mind thankfully shot down before it came to fruition. She may be ugly, but you could toss it out the back of a low-flying airplane onto a rock garden and not see a scratch. A few bends, dents, maybe some snapped tubes, but not a single scratch. Might be heavy too.

I'll take mine anodized.

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
NoTreadOnMe said:
Seriously, the truck bed liner, great idea. And it looks good, but as for the rest of it, no, sorry, it doesnt. Just my opinion of course. I "could" sugarcoat it, but Im not going to.
Yea yea, I agree haha. I just felt bad :rolleyes:

·
312 Posts
I think it looks badass IMO :thumbsup: . Who the **** cares if it has a pretty paintjob, its going to get dirty anyways.. damn pansys
btw your bike reminds me of a primered bad ass looking muscle car.

·
I already rode that
1,632 Posts
It does look ok but like you said all it wouldve took was a few bolts taken off then the frame apart and it wouldve looked alot better. Trans Red is one colour I actually liked that they offered and wouldve kept it unless it was looking bad to warrent the spray can paint job.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Fumanchuchu, if I were looking for a bike to steal out of a lot of them, it would be yours first. Who wouldn't want a bike that looked like that? Not saying I steal bikes or anything, I just think it looks very original and macho manly. I'm kind of tired of the 'cookie-cutter' paint schemes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I like the bullit with the primer. granted, it would be nicer if the red were not still showing. looks tough IMHO. the joy of the rattle can is that now everyone has a custom bike :thumbsup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wife's Rockhopper Repaint

My beautiful wife thought her Rockhopper looked a little too manly with the black and orange colors, so we repainted it in the garage with rattle cans. Here is the result. She loves it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I like it Fumanchuchu.

Looks like a stealth fighter. The red could be considered the "heart" of that stealthy beast. At least it has it's own character and is not a cookie cutter factory job. I would not have chosen to do that to my bike, but I give you props for the attempt.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.