Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ex-BMXer/MTB Newbie
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MyDBRsponse.jpg
This is the Response stock. I still have her and have made some upgrades.

·
Ex-BMXer/MTB Newbie
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is her now. New Roxshox fork, Thud buster seatpost & Crank bros mallet pedals.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX 4G using TapaTALK

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice! I love my Response...I have gone back and forth over buying a FS bike, but always end up choosing to stick with my Response :)

Here is my 2008 Response...
-RS Recon Gold fork
-Avid Elixirs
-Rhyno Lite rims
-Forte carbon handle bars
-Easton EC70 Seatpost
-Forte Pisgah tires (trying them out over WtB, only one ride on them)

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
My first MTB is a 2005 Response but I'm getting ready to strip her down and use the parts on my new bloodline frame. :thumbsup:

i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx208/zell666hell/Bloodline1.jpg

i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx208/zell666hell/Bloodline2.jpg

·
Ex-BMXer/MTB Newbie
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Just added Crank Bros Iodine bars & stem. I love my response.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX 4G using TapaTALK

·
Ex-BMXer/MTB Newbie
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your Modded Response looks sweet. I hope to get mine there eventually.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wow a lot of Response riders here... I just saw it at Dicks for about $380 yesterday.. I liked the fact that it had double walled rims vs single walled.. I am thinking of some off road riding at the local mtb park..and it seemed better built than the other dept store bikes at walmart.

I remember Diamondback back in the day when I BMX'd , they were badd ass as was Redline, and Mongoose, but today they've sold out to crap; wonder how DB stands up....

·
Registered
20 Posts
I own a 2012 Response XE. Got it for a steal on CL and it's my first mtb. Been great learning the ropes on it, if it is a little heavy.

Putting together an Niner EMD now, so I expect the gf will get it, or CL lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
this is my 2008 response comp, upgraded with fox rl100, BB7 Brakes, SLX crank, XT FD/RD, Crank Brothers handlebars, seatpost, Hope Hubs

·
Registered
263 Posts
A Response Sport was my first real mountain bike and responsible for getting me into this sport. Liked it so much I bought a mission. Still have my response frame which will get built back up and restored to its former glory and then some this winter.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was looking at the Response at Dicks Sporting goods.It looks like a really nice bike. I am in between this and the more expensive option of the Trek 3500 disk.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts