Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Nope, you definitely don't I've seen loads of silver Ano'd ones posted up. Personally I would like an ano'd frame, but I just don't want silver again. Have you seen the pics of the blue in the dark :thumbsup: looks so cool.

kevhogaz said:
I'll have a pic of mine, up tomorrow, or Thursday. Do I have the only Silver one in existence?

·
Low speed, High Drag
946 Posts
All right, here's a pic of mine. Pretty much a mix of different parts, with a Reba, of course. Best bike purchase I've made, in years. I love this bike, and it's quickly becoming the only bike I ride.

·
Low speed, High Drag
946 Posts
Well, if we ever ride together, Cyclejunkie, we better not lay our bikes anywhere near each other, or never figure out who's is who's! They look pretty close, in our pics.

Actually, I've been adding a little red, here and there, to match my wheels. Maybe I'll have to post up another pic, or two.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Dang, so there's only 4 RIP's on MTBR :yikes: WeIrD :???:

Come on and post up your RIP, so everyone can see how you've personalized them.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Well I "officially" joined the Niner Brotherhood yesterday afternoon around 3:15pm and then stayed up till 2am building my beautiful RIP9. Here it is with a few thoughts...............

...............Niner Bikes has done it right :thumbsup:, this bike is exactly what I was expecting - feels very similar to my Trance with the few tweaks/better feel it could use. When I hopped on it I felt right at home, like I had been riding it forever. I read a load of reviews about this bike and it all seemed to point to "A 29er version of the Trance" and I think I nailed it spot on by choosing this bike. I was really happy with my Trance, but there were a few things that needed doing to it - longer Top Tube, RP23 shock, bigger wheels (I'm a tall guy and 26" wheels look tiny under me). Only thing I did that I didn't want to do was switch brakes, but because of the chips on the pistons of my HOPE Mono Mini's they were giving trouble lately and sticking/dragging because the pistons weren't retracting properly, so I went with the Juicy 7's , but I plan on servicing the HOPEs and trying them against the Juicy's to see which I like better ( I think it'll be the HOPEs but I will wait and see)

I haven't had a chance to take it off-road on some proper stuff yet, but I can tell you that those who spew the rubbish that 29ers accelerate slow, don't do tight turns well and are heavy are so full of BS it isn't funny. This bike accelerates surprisingly fast, tight turns feel very stable and confident and weight wise this bike is actually lighter than my previous 26" Trance. Oh and let's not talk about how it climbs, stay where you point it etc,etc.

Anyhow just a little update for all of those interested, this will be my race bike for Leadville with the only acception being a lighter set of wheels if money allows, but if not these wheels are already lighter than what I'm accustomed too.

Build is as follows right now..........
- RIP9 XL Frame
- REBA SL Fork
- Avid Juicy 7's
- XT Rapid fire shifters & Drivetrain
- WTB Speed Disc wheels
- WTB Nano Raptor Tyres
- WTB Silverado saddle
- WTB TXC Seatpost
- Easton EA50 HB & 120mm Stem
- Ergon MAG R2 grips
- Shimano M520 pedals