Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Talked to Paul Sadoff about this fork. He said he didn't buy a Tig welder until 1991, and switched to 1 1/8" steerers in 1994, so this fork was made somewhere in between. I have the frame coming so I should be able to pin down the date even closer.

·
The Crazy Cat Lady of VRC
2,020 Posts
Shawn, I went back and looked at the auction and I clearly remember thinking I needed to "watch" that one...somehow I must not have saved it. Glad to see you got it and we didn't end up bidding against each other....you got a great deal.

What color will it be, and what frame do you have coming to match it???

Steve

·
gobsmacked
8,757 Posts
I didn't realize it obvisiouly, but if you click on picture it shows up. So, GOB you guessed fair and square, good for you. What gave it away?
ahhhh. Oh. I started with Norcal builders and then thought about who brazed and welded and would use those dropouts. Then I removed the ones that I knew didn't make it. Ta Dah!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shawn, I went back and looked at the auction and I clearly remember thinking I needed to "watch" that one...somehow I must not have saved it. Glad to see you got it and we didn't end up bidding against each other....you got a great deal.

What color will it be, and what frame do you have coming to match it???

Steve
Well, after the auction ended I ask if he new anything about the Rock Lobster frame that it came on, to my surprise he still had it. He offered me the frame for less than half of what I paid for the fork. When I stripped the fork I discovered it had a total of 4 paint jobs on it, and the original color is yellow.

·
The Crazy Cat Lady of VRC
2,020 Posts
Well, after the auction ended I ask if he new anything about the Rock Lobster frame that it came on, to my surprise he still had it. He offered me the frame for less than half of what I paid for the fork. When I stripped the fork I discovered it had a total of 4 paint jobs on it, and the original color is yellow.

So you're getting a Lobster frame for $24!....I hate you. ;)

Seriously though, couldn't happen to a nicer guy...congrats.

Looking forward to pics.

Steve

1 - 20 of 21 Posts