Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not my auction but looks like a total "Frankenbike" or maybe a factory prototype/experiment. Either way, appears to have a Uzzi SL/SLX rear triangle and linkage. The front triangle??? Maybe a Giant AC1 or something. Can't quite figure out the logo on the headbadge. Any guesses?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250232784764

Attachments

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
MondoRides said:
Not my auction but looks like a total "Frankenbike" or maybe a factory prototype/experiment. Either way, appears to have a Uzzi SL/SLX rear triangle and linkage. The front triangle??? Maybe a Giant AC1 or something. Can't quite figure out the logo on the headbadge. Any guesses?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250232784764
Looks like a Horst-dw link hybrid. NICE!!!:thumbsup:

Wait, is that an Ibis headbadge?

·
Banned
40,894 Posts
SCUBAPRO said:
Looks like a Horst-dw link hybrid. NICE!!!:thumbsup:

Wait, is that an Ibis headbadge?
The rear triangle is definately an UZZI-SL but the front ? An Ibis something or other. Lets just go with brand X and call it good..;)

·
suspension whore
702 Posts
love that they got the uzzi sticker set for the front triangle but didnt bother to remove the badge..
Got to love flea-bay,,, owner "away in Iraq".

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Good call

Mikey_C said:
i stay away from anything with a diamondback head badge??
So that's what this is. I had to check Google images to find that head badge. Appropriately enough it looks like he put the headbadge on upside down. So does that make this bike an Intense Uzzi Diamond-front? :D

Attachments

·
Trampelpfadbenutzer
692 Posts
DIRTJUNKIE said:
The rear triangle is definitely an UZZI-SL but the front ? An Ibis something or other. Lets just go with brand X and call it good..;)
I'm in doubt that this is a Uzzi rear triangle.My buddy used to own a Azonic Saber frame,which later was sold under the name Xtension Samurai and the rear end used to look very similar to an Intense.
You may check out http://www.xtensionbike.com and compare the rear end design which seems to be still in use.
Maybe that very company from far east is a manufacture/dealer who also sells to other brands,like for example Diamondback or something like that?
Anyway,the Intense decals doesn't belong to that frame,thats for sure.

·
Recovering
1,483 Posts
If only they'd machined a new hole and mounted that vertical strut behind the seat tube pivot... they'd have prior art on the Felt Equilink suspension design!

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RaD said:
I'm in doubt that this is a Uzzi rear triangle.My buddy used to own a Azonic Saber frame,which later was sold under the name Xtension Samurai and the rear end used to look very similar to an Intense.
You may check out http://www.xtensionbike.com and compare the rear end design which seems to be still in use.
Maybe that very company from far east is a manufacture/dealer who also sells to other brands,like for example Diamondback or something like that?
Nah, I definitely recognize and Uzzi rear end but the Azonic does look really close. I've got a 2002 Uzzi SLX and used to have a 2000 Uzzi DH (see pic). You can tell it's an earlier Uzzi rear from the integrated derailleur hanger as well as the USA stamp and closed loop cable guides. The rear linkage also looks like the 1-piece Intense M1 linkage. A real popular hop-up for Uzzi SLX owners looking to stiffen up the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
852 Posts
RaD said:
That is definitely an Uzzi SL rear chainstay setup. I owned one for 10 years.

The seat stays? Who knows but they look modified from an old Uzzi set.

·
Trampelpfadbenutzer
692 Posts
MondoRides said:
Nah, I definitely recognize and Uzzi rear end but the Azonic does look really close. I've got a 2002 Uzzi SLX and used to have a 2000 Uzzi DH (see pic). You can tell it's an earlier Uzzi rear from the integrated derailleur hanger as well as the USA stamp and closed loop cable guides. The rear linkage also looks like the 1-piece Intense M1 linkage. A real popular hop-up for Uzzi SLX owners looking to stiffen up the rear.
Huh,it really looks like there is a USA stamp at the chainstay if I look closely!Blame me.
Yeah,and I know about the onepiece link,my M1 used to have one too.To bad it is not pictured completely.

·
Banned
40,894 Posts
RaD said:
BZZZT wrong! All I need to do is walk out to my garage and check out my UZZI-SL. That rear triangle is from an UZZI-SL.

·
Trampelpfadbenutzer
692 Posts
DIRTJUNKIE said:
BZZZT wrong! All I need to do is walk out to my garage and check out my UZZI-SL. That rear triangle is from an UZZI-SL.
I stand up corrected.Shame on me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts