Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cracker-magnon
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And hope he still has a home tomorrow. After a great ride (more on that later) I made a mad dash w/ Hollywood back to his house to help with a mandatory evacuation due to an advancing wildfire. This pic does not do it justice. We witnessed some very large fire smoke tornadoes on an adjacent ridge top. When I finally left this evening they were in structure defense mode for the homes to the West of him. Very scarry stuff, but they are all out o.k.

Attachments

·
Medium?
6,731 Posts
Apparently, all is well so far.

He sent me this picture Ken took of him this afternoon: [TD]
[TR][TD]

Later I talked to him, and unfortunately they had a three-bike limit at the Red Cross shelter, so he's staying with some homeless guys over in Studio City. They might not have noticed the extra bikes at the shelter, but his cat scared an old lady nearly to death.

Seriously, I'm sure all will be ok. [crosses toes]

·
Cracker-magnon
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fast Eddy said:
Later I talked to him, and unfortunately they had a three-bike limit at the Red Cross shelter, so he's staying with some homeless guys over in Studio City. They might not have noticed the extra bikes at the shelter, but his cat scared an old lady nearly to death.
Seriously, I'm sure all will be ok. [crosses toes]
In hindsight it must have been humerous to see a car coming out of there loaded down with bikes, and full of bike stuff. OTOH some of the other loaded vehicles prolly would have looked funny to us. His cat is kinda scary. Let me pet him for a bit until he hissed and growled at me. Hope they get a handle on the fire before the winds pick up and change direction later today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.